Secret

I woke up panting heavily, another nightmare has taken over my sleep. I sighed and rubbed my eyes before looking at the time. It was 3:40 am. I groaned and turned on the tv putting the volume on low.

My chest felt tightened and I sat up taking deep breaths. Even tho I was far away from my abusers, they still tortured me in my sleep.

Time was passing fast but I couldn't sleep. My head was throbbing and I got out of my bed slowly before opening my door. I tip toed through the hall and arrived at Luca's bedroom.

I gulped and opened the door, before getting into his bed. I tried not to wake him but suddenly his eyes opened but instantly closed. I sighed and cuddled up next to him for warmth. I started to feel comfortable but in his sleep he grabbed my arm tightly, twisting it slowly. I whimpered and tried to pull away.

"L..Luca wake up!" I pushed him a bit and he opened his eyes. Tears threatened to spill onto my cheeks. And Luca quickly pulled away.

"I..I'm sorry Bella, it was an accident" he apologized softly and hugged me.

I sniffled and nuzzled into his chest.

"It's okay.." I mumbled and closed my eyes slowly falling asleep after a few hours of being awake.

When 6 am hit Luca woke up and started to shake me softly. I groaned and slapped his hand away. I was so tired and wanted to sleep more.

"Princess we have to go to school today." He mumbled to me.

"No, I don't feel good." I whined and curled back up under the blanket.

Luca sighed and patted my head before heading to the door. "I'll go let Matteo know you aren't going then." He hummed and left the room,

I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes softly. My stomach was aching a bit so I grabbed some painkillers from the bathroom cabinet.

I chugged down a water bottle and laid back down in Luca's bed. After about 30 minutes I heard them drive off to school.

Suddenly the door opened and Matteo walked in with an angry face.

"Why aren't you going to school?" He asked and I looked down at the bed.

"My stomach hurts and I'm tired." I mumbled quietly and bit my lip.

Matteo nodded and sat down next to me. "Why don't you come down for breakfast, I don't see you eat at all." Matteo said putting his hand on my shoulder.

I nodded and got out of bed, following Matteo down to the kitchen. The aroma of French toast filled my nose and I smiled happily. "My favorite!" I gasped and ran over. I haven't had French toast in years.

I sat down at the table and took a small bite of the French toast. I moaned from the wonderful taste that filled my tastebuds.

"Do you like it?" Matteo asked and I nodded while shoving French toast into my mouth quickly. After one piece I felt full and I pouted knowing I can't eat anymore.

I grabbed my cup and took a sip of water before looking at Matteo. "Can I go to my room now?" I asked and he nodded.

I stood up and went to my room quickly to text my friend from school. I forgot to add her number into my phone last night but I decided I'd do it now.

I grabbed the paper from my bag and put in her number before sending a message.

Bella: Hi it's me Bella from class.

Lucy: Hi! Where are you today? I didn't see you.

Bella: oh I just don't feel good today I'll come tomorrow.