XV

Stepping out of the car, I relize that we have rented a ridiculously nice air BnB with two floors and a pool that is outside. Ready for someone to swim in. And we're only staying two weeks. It is truly ridiculous. Though, at the same time, I kind of enjoy it. I mean, who can actually be mad about having a pool for two weeks?

"Cat got your tongue?" Dream taunts me as he catches me staring at the white house breathlessly. I cross my arms in protest and push down the urge to stick my tongue out. "Fuck off," I frown and turn away from him to which he chuckles. If I punched him every time he said something annoying, he wouldn't have a single skin-colored spot left on his body.

"I like it," Karl comments from behind me. It's sunny outside here in Florida and the damp weather here is already getting to me. What is this, a rain forest or some shit?

"Any askers?" Alex says at the same time as I say "Yeah because you were one of the people who chose it." Me and Alex stare at each other while Karl slowly backs away from us in a nervous manner, sensing the fight that is about to break out.

"I think I'll go to my room, bye guys," He says before running off into the house and I pause mine and Alex's staring contest to watch him run off into the house with furrowed eyebrows.

"He's already decided which room he has?" The question is directed at Dream but he just shrugs when I look over at him. "Yeah, we did before you guys arrived. It's quite spacey in there, it's much bigger than you would think," He says and I huff.

"So the exact opposite of what it usually is then?" I'm referring to the fact that realtors usually bait buyers with big and open spaces while taking pictures that illuminate that and then the real thing is nothing like the pictures. Karl nods. "Yup."

"If you're done talking over there," Sapnap's breath is heavy. "I need some help with unloading these bags," He heaves a suitcase out of the trunk and drops it on the ground with a loud bang, unable to lift it all the way. Surely they can't be that heavy.

Dream smiles at his friend, obviously amused, and walk over to help him out. I sigh and follow him to the car and start unloading some of the bags. Alex comes over to get his bags as well, not helping anyone else with their stuff. I scoff at him.

"What?" He asks and I arch an eyebrow at him. "You're just gonna take your own things?" I ask him and he looks confused.

"Yes. Is there anything wrong with that?" Alex wonders and a smile tugs at the left corner of his lips. I smile and shake my head. "Yes, it is actually. You could learn to be more helpful," I say and look away from him to continue to help the others.

Alex scoffs beside me. "Well then, don't worry about your bags. I'll take them," He says and I whip around to arch both of my eyebrows at him. "Really?" I ask with crossed arms.

"Really!" He sounds like he is being wrongly accused and he grins. I smile and scoff lightly. "Okay then Mr. gentleman, I'll leave you to it," I nod before walking off into the house.

"She just tricked you so hard," Dream wheezes behind me as I walk away. "Wh- what? What are you talking about?" Alex laughs, obviously confused. I grin proudly and hear my brother's voice but the door has already shut close behind me so I can't hear them anymore. At least I don't have to carry my bags myself now.

I walk into the grand kitchen with marble on the countertops. Who in their right senses uses marble in their kitchen? It will obviously be immediately ruined. I run my fingertips along with the cold stone and look around. It's well lit up, windows placed in the exact right places for it to have that wonderful natural light that is so desired. I continue to the dining hall, less grand but still beautiful. Big windows running from the floor, all the way to the ceiling, cover the walls and a crystal chandelier hangs from the ceiling in the middle of the room. Two crystal vases stand on the white wooden table, filled with gorgeous light pink tulips and some smaller white flowers.

I move on to the living room, a small room with a medium-large couch, a grey, armchair in the same grey fabric, a white fluffy carpet, and a small coffee table. There's also a giant TV put up on the wall with windows exactly like the ones in the dining room on each side of it. Ivory keys play beneath my fingers as I run them along a small piano hidden in a corner. Who purchases a piano to put in an Air BnB? Do they not know that it will probably be destroyed by some reckless people staying here? It is such a waste of an otherwise so beautiful instrument. Not that I ever learned how to play it.

"Do you play?" Alex's voice appears out of nowhere and I squeak, startled and incredibly unprepared for his sudden appearances "Sorry, sorry," He apologizes while I catch my breath.

"No, you're fine," I say breathlessly and grasp the fabric of my shirt, balling up my fist over my chest. How did I not notice him creeping up on me? "And no, I don't," I sigh and look longingly at the instrument standing before us. Then I remember something I've heard before and turn to Alex with knitted eyebrows. "But you do," I say and it isn't a question.

To my may, he nods. "I do," He admits and I smile victoriously. "Play something for us," I demand and look at the boys that have gathered on the other side of the room. Somehow Alex managed to sneak up on me while they couldn't.

"Yeah Quackity, play something," Karl says and he is trying his hardest to keep his laugh in, but by the sounds of it, he will burst at any given second. "Oh my god, you should play 'Baby' by Justin Bieber," Nick gasps and I facepalm. Listening to that song when it first came out is my biggest red flag and I regret it deeply.

"Alright, let's go then," Alex cracks his knuckles and jumps around a bit, shaking off invisible things. "Oh my god..." Dream mutters and hides his face behind one of his large hands and I completely understand him, I also want to go hide in a corner and never come back out.

"Ouuuooouu," Alex and Karl's singing is not matched up, not with each other or the piano but they keep going anyway. "I know you love me," They both fake voice cracks at every other word in the song and it's overall painful listening to them sing. Jesus Christ, when can I fly back to Texas?

"I know you care~" Their singing haunts me while I try to sleep that night. Luckily, I got a single room although I wouldn't have minded sleeping in a room with Karl. We have slept in the same bed before, the only difference would be all the people noticing us now. And the fact that my brother would know about it. So on second thought, this is better.

I sigh and turn over in bed. My bedroom is just as fancy as the rest of the house, the main colors being white and even more white. It is kind of ridiculous, honestly, but I can't even complain, it just looks so good. I drift off to sleep not too soon after closing my eyes.