Living without

"Love always leaves a significant mark."

Jacob's POV:

Jacob's POV:

No one could ever warn you of the pain of waking up to a broken body, how it would feel even moving an inch. It burned to even open my eyes, as I do I look around to see I'm in my bed at home. I must have passed out after the fight, I try and force myself to get up, to move out of this bed.

I am able, whatever broken was healing at a fast pace. I go into the living room, everyone crowded around, even the elders here. I frown, taking in all of the faces but Beth's.

Sam and Emily stand as I walk closer, the worry clear on their faces. I rack my brain at what happened, the fight, us winning, an attack from behind and then...then watching Beth fall.

I remember holding her in my arms, giving her finally to Drew, blacking out. She was dead.

I stare at each of them, anger taking over my face as some kind of shield for the internal pain I was feeling.

"Jacob, settle." Sam commands. No part of me was settled, I was destruction, I was ruined from the moment she died. I had not one clue what to do with myself, I just wanted her.

"Why am I still here? Why am I not dead?" I asked deadly, it's all I wanted, death.

"We don't know, but were not letting you die Jacob." Drew says leaning up from the corner, why the hell was he here? Rage took over and before anyone can catch it, I flip the table out of the way, grabbing Drew by the throat.

He let's me, he's not fighting back. "YOU, YOU ARE THE REASON SHE IS DEAD!"

The boys trying to pull me off is useless, I wanted to kill him; the life he brought her into, she didn't have to be in but he insisted. I think I've wanted to kill him from the beginning and now, now I could.

I squeeze more, trying till he couldn't breathe anymore, that is when he disappeared. I turn around swiftly, he's now across the room. "Rafe is the reason she is dead Jacob, if I didn't train her, show her who she was, it would have been much worse." He says with a small voice, he can't even back it up with his tone, the loss grave in his voice.

I stare at him with raging blindness, the enemy was dead and I had nothing not anyone I could blame for it, but entirely myself. The one job I had, to protect her, I couldn't do. The self-destruction setting in me that I wanted to die.

I don't cast anyone a glance, not even my worried father yelling my name as I form mid air. I just begin to run, I run and I run till I'm suddenly slammed into the side.

I look to see Jace and Leah, I snarl my teeth warning them of not advancing any further. I move to go past them, but my path is blocked. Their is no regret in me as I bite at Jace, 'Jacob you have to fucking stop!' he yells through the pack link.