chapter 19

Tae tilted his head to his left side, showing a small measure of intrigue on his face. I could tell right off the bat that he wasn't the kind of guy who revealed his emotions and thoughts all that often.

He hummed in what seemed to be a short state of unsureness. But it might have just been all for show, really. After only a few seconds, he gave a nod and a satisfied smile as he decided on what his answer was going to be.

"I think I like this idea of yours, Mirume." He said, sounding very amused. "I think we have ourselves a deal." He then placed his hands around his brand new weapon, soul caller, and gave yet another curious hum.

"You know, that battle from before, I wouldn't say it was finished. Or thar a winner had ever been decided." He said, quite daringly. And as I'm sure that they were intended to do, his words caught the full and undivided attention of Tazor, earning a dangerous look from him.

"What do you say we actually settle the score, once and for all, magic boy" Tae insisted on placing the challenge. Tazor's face didn't share the same enthusiasm, but instead, a harsher, deeper emotion. Nevertheless, he didn't look as though he wanted to turn down this offer. And at that, he slowly stepped forward.

Jesse, myself and Mirume all exchanged looks of 'uh oh' with one another. The first battle between these two guys, was already one we were going to remember for a very long time. I felt like this one, if it got underway, was going to have that much more of an impact on us.

"It'd be a shame if I had to go and destroy something that was partly created by my own two hands." Tazor said in an oddly echoing voice. "Much less would I want to damage anything created by the genius mind of my dear Mirume. But, if you're looking to settle the score, then so be it." He started to step towards his challenger, with a mercilessly menacing look in his eyes.

"Whoa, okay, okay you guys." Jesse said, quickly jumping in between the two boys. "This is clearly not a great place for the two of you to have an all out battle to the death or anything. But look." Jesse then reached in his inventory bag and pulled out the map, and unfurled it.

"40 miles North from the village of Highlore, there is a place that is an adequate battleground for the likes of you guys." Jesse said, showing both Tazor and Tae, the exact location on the map. "Tazor, this is clearly something you are already aware of. This is an open field called sunset canvas. It was heavily inspired by yellow park, back in the village of Scal-horia. A large place in the town, where jousters did battle."

"Then we shall head there at once, so that we can finally see which one of us, is truly the better fighter." Said Tae, showing more than just a little bit of excitement.

"Okay, well uh, nosy Rosie here has a question." I interrupted rather awkwardly. "Is it just going to be the two of them, or are the rest of us going to come along with them to watch the battle?"

"And that would be the silliest question I have yet to hear you ask." Mirume sighed, shaking his head with a tired smile. "Of course we're coming with them. They're out allies. And besides, I'm never taking my eyes off of Tazor again, after the recent little health scare he gave us in the forest of thieves."

"Right. That does make sense." I said, my mind trailing off as I spoke. Mirume was starting to concern me. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how much he had to have been lacking proper sleep.

Between having to watch over Tazor after he had passed out, then coming back to the forest of thieves to take us all back to the village of hug, only to then be tasked with the responsibility of creating a new weapon for Tae, how could he have had much, if any amount of rest in between matters?

Nevertheless, these were thoughts that I would have to shake off for the now, as it had come to my attention that the team was getting ready to take to the road once more.

Our two adorable baby drafin companions, Deadclaw and Veyhuar paired with one another to carry the enchanted carriage that we'd used multiple times before, and one by one, my friends gathered themselves inside of it. I was the last one in.

"Off we go, to sunset canvas." Announced Jesse. And at that, we were on our way.