chapter 4

Did I mention before, that I would consider Tazor to be the backbone of our party's survival? Because that is without a doubt, the fact of the matter. We were set to head fifty miles west. And originally, we were set to do so, on foot. But thanks to Tazor, we were riding another magically enchanted carriage, led by our two baby dragons, Deadclaw and Veyhuar.

They took their time, as there was really no need to rush. The carriage was quite cozy and Tazor was never without snacks to provide for the party. It was just a nice, calm ride.

"Hey, so, you're always putting me on the spot, Nosy Rosie." Said Mirume, quite smugly. "Now it's time for me to do it back to you."

I looked at him, half curious as to what he was going for. He had a far from innocent look on his face, not that I was expecting him to. I shrugged at him and just gave a careless response of "okay."

"Since you were all in about Tazor and I, how about I ask what's going on between you and Jesse, hm?" I almost choked and stuck my tongue out weirdly in response. Meanwhile, Jesse burst into a hard laughing fit. I was weirded out by the question. And him, I don't think he even took it seriously. And I couldn't blame him for that.

"Oh c'mon, I see it in your eyes." Mirume pushed enthusiastically. "Am I wrong, big guy?" He now turned to his partner Tazor, who blushed and chuckled, shaking his head no.

"Mirume, you literally ship anything that has chemistry." Jesse said, still laughing.

"Are you saying that you and nosy Rosie have chemistry?" Mirume teased.

"Oh please." I retorted. "Rodeo boy here, literally has more chemistry with a bucking bull than he has with me." That comment earned a round of laughter from the group.

A new scenery was beginning to fade it's way into our path. It wasn't exactly a grand and rich sight. But it was civil and most certainly well structured. A small village was now up ahead and very nearby. And closer we came to it, the more that met the eye.

Small and sturdy homes made of wood, well over a dozen citizens with domesticated animal life at their side, active vendors at each turn and an open entrance with a small sign next to it, that read "welcome to the village of Highlore. A place for all guilds to come together."

As I read the sign, I tilted my head in curiosity before I turned to Mirume with yet, another question. "What does the sign mean, when it says all guilds?" I asked him

Mirume turned to me with a kind smile as he answered. "Oh yes." He started off. "Here in the world of Flaresca, we aren't just titled by our occupations, such as mage, which, alchemist and knight. Tazor and I felt that we should do something much more interested than that so people here are born under guilds, whicb ultimately decide their abilities, talents and attributes. There are countless guilds and crossbreeds as well."

"Okay." I said bluntly as I understood halfway but still wanted some more answers. "So do the four of us have a guild or guilds?" I asked.

"Not quite yet, Nosy Rosie." Mirume responded. "We'll have to have a consultation with the seeing eye before we are entirely synchronized with the features of this world. But before we do that, we need to settle down at a safe place."

I couldn't help but nod and agree as we entered the open gates of the village of Highlore.  Once we were within the walls of the village, we took it upon ourselves to have a tour of the place. And as the two baby dragons dragged our carriage on through, I could now see everything a bit closer. All the vendors from weapon sellers, blacksmiths, potion vendors, inns, schools and even training academies that taught their young students to use weaponry.

Everything here was so well put together and quite lively. I wouldn't say it was an environment that I could see myself getting used to, but for what it's worth, I was impressed.

Our sturdy carriage stopped in front of the inn's entrance door and we let ourselves out, one by one. We were then let into the inn by a young villager, covered in comfy leather clothing.

As we walked into the inn, we noticed a couple dozen small but cozy looking beds, designed in colors of apricot and magenta. The lights were pleasantly dim and the rooms carried the relaxing aroma of sage, from burning candles.

Tazor checked in for us, and to our luck, we were welcome to stay one night for free. So before long, we settled in and rested ourselves for the remainder of the evening.