chapter 2.

Stacked eight feet tall, covered in a thick, garbage green skin tone, muscles as well rounded as medicine balls and clothed in dirty, rusted, bronze armor to cover his torso, shoulders and waist. I was personally shocked at the idea that this thing could have ever been a human being, magic spell or no magic spell.

That horrid thing was approaching the six of us (our miniaturized dragon companions included) so we had not much of a choice but to position ourselves for the first battle in the new world of Flaresca.

All six of us sprung right into action, surrounding the ogre from all angles, like a hexagon. Each of my human allies, drawing their weapons while the two baby dragons, each got into a battle ready stance. But right then and there, it dawned on me that I currently had no weapon.

The seeing eye was no longer mine to bare as a weapon. It was now the sphere hanging in the sky and breathing life into the world we saw.

"Uh, Mirume. We might have a problem here!" I called out to him, getting his attention as I started to back away from the armored ogre. "I don't have a weapon anymore! Anyway you could possibly help me out over here?"

Mirume gave me a thoughtful and concerned look for a few moments before shaking his head in declination. "I'm sorry, I don't have anything I can do right now." He said, guiltily. Well shoot. Now what?

"I can help!" Tazor suddenly shouted out, which was not all that surprising at this point. He was seriously becoming the backbone of this team's survival. "May, I can summon a weapon for you, using magic!" He explained to me.

"Hey let's make that quick, can we?" Jesse urged before taking an ineffective swing of his old sword, echo splitter, at the ogre's heavy chest plate. Grand sleeper wasn't a very ideal weapon for Jesse to use in every battle, because of it's weight and length. So that was not going to be his weapon of choice for this battle.

Tazor nodded in response to Jesse's comment and started to speak a spell.

"Oh great seeing eye, looking down from above! Grant your previous wielder, the power she is due!" He exclaimed, charismatically. And within seconds, a thick, bright and vibrant beam of violet light, shot out from the center of the seeing eye and directly at my hands, giving me a new weapon to hold.

This weapon was an electric pink longsword, harboring a white and golden aura that looked as if it's presence was literally absorbing the wind around it. I instinctively looked up at the seeing eye as it spoke to me, through it's slow flickering light. It told me that my weapon's name was 'Hades shoulder', and I nodded in understanding.

"Let's get em guys." I said confidently as I watched poor Jesse try and fail miserably, to hold the ogre back. Though he did serve as a very effective distraction to it, which bought us time up until now.

"Uh yeah, getting them would be very appreciated right about now!" He shouted, pathetically. Afterwards, Mirume put all his focus ahead and decided to make the very first (effective) move.

"Swollen wind strike!" He shouted as he jumped into the air, allowing his body to rotate and spiral into an anatomical, poised tornado. Wind began gathering around him, giving him more momentum before he sprung into a compelling strike against the ogre's belly. The ogre roared in pain, allowing us to know that Mirume's attack had worked.

"Okay! It's my turn!" Tazor shouted as he gathered energy that looked much like the same energy that the seeing eye held. Suddenly, that energy was converted into a wild flame of the same aesthetic. "Scorching angel breath!" He yelled out, the flame completely sweeping itself into the enemy and causing it to fall halfway to it's knees.

As impressed as I was in the moment, I couldn't just stand there and watch. It was now my turn to strike. I raised the weapon known as Hades shoulder, and decided I'd go with a level three, lightning attack spell.

"Static overdrive!" I practically screeched as my sword became smothered in a thick, powerful coat of static electricity. And with this power up, I plunged my sword into the dented armor of the ogre, causing the armor to explode and weaken the ogre greatly.

"Haha, yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" Jesse shouted enthusiastically. "Now I can finally do some damage, myself." He smiled as he held echo splitter at a lethal angle before running towards the ogre and striking right at the neck with a hazardous combination of blows and then jumping back to his original position.

The ogre, much to our surprise, remained strongly upright, despite all of our attacks, the breaking of it's armor and the deep wounds on his neck.

He wasn't done. But luckily, neither were we. Our two dragon companions, Veyhuar and deadclaw exchanged looks before combining their elemental strengths of fire and ice to create a powerful geyser of water, blasting directly at the ogre and knocking him unconscious, thus ultimately defeating him.