chapter 11

The head of the weapon, somewhat resembled a Trident but also, somewhat copied the art of an axe. It had five prongs. Three facing upward, two facing downward.

The coloring of this new, mystical weapon, was primarily as deep blue as the opposing ninja's eyes, though bits and pieces were golden.

The head of this weapon was held by an elegant, golden neck that looked as if it were a sprouting flower. The handle was a darker golden, wrapped in navy blue marked lines.

And finally, surrounding the mysterious acquaintance weapon, were what seemed to be enchanted diamonds, levitating in it's presence with colors that matched the primary theme of it.

Was this some of of melee weapon? Perhaps an axe? Or a trident maybe? Or could it have been a magical weapon such as a scepter or a staff or even a magic wand?

And for that matter, just where and how did he even get this strange, new weapon? Did he have Mirume craft him a new one without us knowing? Or could this have possibly been the work of the great seeing eye?

Whatever the case may have been, I didn't quite know yet what this thing might have been capable of bringing about. But I had a funny little feeling that it wasn't going to be too long now, before we all figured out.

The ninja, at mere sight of this new and magnificent weapon, called back his own attack, mid maneuver, and retreated to a guarded defense stance, several feet away from the powerful thunder lord, Tazor.

I started to recognize that the weapon wasn't the only thing that was new. Tazor's looks and his energy had completely changed. His eyes were pitch black with no pupils. Veins swelled all across the features of his face. His body became more musclebound than it was before and his aura, well it had become just as black as his new pair of eyes.

"Is that intimidation that I smell?" Tazor said, calmly yet ferociously. "If so, then you're smarter than you've made yourself look, thus far." His voice carried such a dark presence, I was starting to wonder if he was even the same person anymore. But still, he got no response from the opponent. Just a gesture that dared him to attack once more.

I still couldn't help but fail to wrap my head around everything that was going on right now. This wasn't the Tazor we knew. Or at least, not the Tazor that I thought we knew. Could this all have been a result of the fact that the enemy attempted to hurt Mirume?

If that was the case, then that certainly did show just how much Tazor cared about his significant other. And just how far he would go, in order to protect him from any harm.

The ninja was tired of waiting for our mage to make his next move. So he, himself decided to strike next. He raised his blade up above himself, in a horizontal position before yelling out the name of what would be his next attack.

"Painful breeze of the night" he shouted out with quite a bit of aggression as the wind began to take a gargantuan sized shape of his sword, which he used to plunge at Tazor with a very deadly strike.

Tazor never did, not even for a second, lose any of his composure. He wielded his weapon with poise and immovability before speaking a magic attack spell of his own.

"Oh hands of lightning, unchain yourselves from the skies and break free from your cloudy prisons. Fall onto this planet and show it your wrath." He said, his voice sounding strangely twisted and muffled.

The clouds in the sky began twisting at a rapid speed, catching everyone's attention. And right at the moment that thw opponents gigantic wind based blade, was only inches away from Tazor, thunder started to pour out of the sky like a crashing waterfall.

The clouds quickly started to disappear as they were steadily being converted into pure, liquidized lightning and static electricity. This downpour completely broke through the ninja's blade with much ease. And in doing so, it also heavily damaged the wielder.

He was sent into a violent, pulsing shock that surged through his body, and in the end, catapulted him many feet across the atmosphere and into one of the many trees that made up the forest of thieves. On impact, he was knocked unconscious.

The three of stood in our place, gasping in awe for moments until, much to our surprise, Tazor had suddenly collapsed into the ground, passing out from the overuse of energy that came with his last attack. Mirume immediately ran to his side to catch him. Jesse and I followed, of course.

"Guys. I've got him." Mirume said to us. "I'm going to take him back to the village of Highlore. I'm counting on the two of you to finish what we came here to do. Defeat the punch trolls and collect their shells, understood?

Jesse and I exchanged looks for a few short seconds before Jesse answered on the both of our behalf.

"Got it." He said.