chapter 6

I won't lie to you and say that I was any good at rock climbing. I mean, let's be real, as a person who casually uses small magic spells just to make it through simple daily tasks, it's pretty fair to say that my physical stamina is in no way, anywhere close to where it needed to be right now.

Nevertheless, the six of us were on our way up to the top of what I must say, was a magnificently built, stone tower, courtesy of our mage and overall lifeline, Tazor, who, as you might imagine, had a harder time than the rest of us did, when it came to climbing.

"You okay there, big boy?" Mirume said rather sweetly as he looked at Tazor, who had been huffing and puffing for quite some time now.

"Uh, NO...!" Tazor blurted out through heavy, exaggerated breaths. "Rock climbing is NOT a task for chubby people like me!"

"Aww, you poor thing." Mirume's said in a generous voice and Tazor just started to blush. I couldn't help but to absolutely adore the bond between the two of them. It was really something to be jealous of. And quite frankly, after being told the story I had been told, by Mirume, I was really happy that he had someone to restore that purpose he had and the world that comes with it.

Despite all of these unexpected challenges we've had to come across, I could never say that any part of this, wasn't worth it all. And I was glad to be a part of the journey.

We were now well into the climb and very close to the top of the stone tower. The seeing eye shone bright, seemingly welcoming us to it's presence. In a way, it felt as though the seeing eye, itself, was like a trusted companion of ours.

Only a few more rough moments and then here we were at the top of the tower, now right on the same height level as the seeing eye. I scanned my team to see how they were doing, and for the most part, everyone was fine. Mirume seemed a bit exhausted but for what it was worth, he didn't look nearly as exhausted as he had in recent days. Then there was Jesse, who was, as you might expect, more or less just fine.

Now, on the other hand, there was Tazor who had turned completely pale from exhaustion and dehydration. He fell hard on his bottom once reaching the surface and then laid flat on his back, trying to collect what little energy he could find within himself.

"I'm... never....EVER.... doing that again." He sighed out through heavy breaths as he tried desperately to recover his stamina.

But here we were, in the glorious presence of the great seeing eye. And I was more eager than I could imagine anyone else was right now. So without further delay, I stepped close to the seeing eye and reached out to it, softly laying the palm of my right hand upon it's warm presence and closed my eyes.

I took a deep breath as I was once again introduced to the dark, cloudy environment that once upon a time, not that long ago, graced my dreams.

This time, there was no wispy sprite in sight. What I did see, was a fun looking trail of bright sparkles and glitter. It surrounded me, swirling and flowing magically, with a violet, translucent mist.

Besides the pattern that wrapped around me, the trail of sparkles went straight ahead for many, many feet away. Much to my natural instinct, I decided I would follow the trail.

It felt like the further I followed it, the further it would extend in my sight. And I can't quite tell you how long I walked down the path before I Finally made it to the front of a large, stone pillar that had a bunch whimsical designs carved all over it.

The sparkling road began to hr consumed by the pillar, bringing it to life and causing it to grow, rigjt before my very own eyes. A little taken by surprise, I took a few steps back, though careful not to shift my eyesight away from what was happening. And after a few moments had passed, suddenly, there was a decent sized ball of violet light that thrust itself at me, sending me into sudden shock and then urging my body to make some sort of transformation.

In the shadows, I could see the reflection of my transformation. My bare skin became covered in a dark purple steel armor. That armor was then laced in a stream of rainbow aura that looked more alive with each passing second. My eyes became like chrome silver, altering my vision to become much stronger and perceptive in more than one aspect. I could see chakras now.

I looked to see that the seeing eye was once again in my presence, glowing and communicating itself to me. It told me just what I was now.

It told me that from here on out, I was a shaman.