"I still don't get why he's messaging me now, it's been like what, three years?"

"I understand where you're coming from Tahls, but maybe he just wants to rekindle what you two had." She says and I nod.

"Yeah maybe you're right, anyway, enough about him." I say turning to Ariana and she nods, before changing the subject to something else.

As we're talking, I can't help but let my mind wander back to that Noosa trip. Thinking about it now, maybe I did actually like James. Our chemistry was insane, we clicked from the first time we spoke. And that is something I always admired about our friendship, we could talk for hours and it would never, ever, get awkward.

I brush those thoughts out of my head as I tune back into what Ariana is saying to me...

The next day...

I groan as my alarm beeps, signalling that it's time for me to get up. I sigh to myself, getting up and walking across the room where my phone is sitting. I turn the alarm off before heading into the bathroom and splashing my face with water.

I then walk out of the bathroom, chucking on a pair of nike tracksuits with a jumper, before heading downstairs where I am met with Marcus who is getting ready to head to the club.

"Morning." I say walking to the fridge and pulling out my smoothie that I made last night.

"Morning." My older brother says, smiling.

"You're in a good mood."

"I'm a married man who's still living with one of his sisters cause she doesn't wanna move out." Marcus says with a smirk and I sigh.

"I can move in with Ariana if you want to just live with Em Marcus, I have no problem with it."

"It's up to you Tahls, but I don't think Em minds, and I obviously don't mind either." Marcus says and I nod.

"It's just if I had a partner I could've moved in with him by now and I would've been out of here and..."

"Stop." Marcus says looking at me and I look up. "You don't need to rush that part of your life, let him come to you."

"Okay."

"Promise me you'll stop thinking about that part of your life?"

"I promise." I say and Marcus smiles.

"Good." He says then he smirks. "Worst comes to worst you have Naughts."

"Shut up." I say and Marcus laughs.

"What it's true though."

"Date another one of my brother's best friends... Been there done that, didn't work out, not going back there."

"Point taken." He says and I chuckle.

I quickly drink the smoothie before I head back upstairs to brush my teeth and fix my hair, then I'm out the door.

The drive to the high school I work at is a quick one as I deliberately left before the traffic. I park my car in the teachers car park before grabbing my things out and walking to my office.

"Hey Tahlia." Grace greets me as I place my things down on my desk and I smile at her.

"Hey Grace, how was your weekend?"

"Yeah it was good, just relaxing you know with the boyfriend."

"The life." I say and she chuckles.

"It sure is." She says then sighs. "How are you going?"

"Yeah, I'm good. Just trying to keep myself occupied you know now that it's offseason."