Chapter 15

I stared at my new phone’s wallpaper. It was the picture of that wooden heart on her hand. Ayaw niya pa kasing ibigay noong una kaya kinuhaan ko nalang habang hawak niya. I find it really beautiful. I love how she sculpt the image of my wheelchair.

I’m now waiting outside the women’s comfort room. Why is she taking so long?

I saw Pia go out. She stop in front of me. I look up to her with a questioning look.

“Look after her. As long as she’s with someone he can’t touch her…” she said.

My forehead creased.

What is she saying?

“A monster will never get tired of hunting his prey. Always watch Shane. That’s a warning.” She continue and walk away.

“What the fuck?” I whisper.

Suddenly I feel nervous. She seem very serious. Unlike her usual look. I know that she’s very serious about what she said. But I can’t understand it.

What does she mean?

Why Shane?

“Uy! Sorry nag patuyo pa kasi ako ng kamay. Tara na.” masiglang aya niya.

I just nodded.

I’m not in myself because of Pia.

Watching her all day. Nothing seems weird. Normal pa rin naman ang mga kilos niya. I decided not to think of that. Right, wala lang naman ‘yon. Pero kahit sabihin ko sa utak ko na tumigil na kakaisip sa bagay na ‘yon…I can’t.

“Wag ka mag alala ibibigay ko rin sayo ang gawa ko!” she laughed, “pero pag punayag kana makipag date.”

“Kailangan ba ‘yon? Can’t you just give it to me?” inis na tanong ko.

“Ano ka chicks? Nasaan benefit ko do’n?” umirap siya.

Kainis naman ‘to. Para sa’kin rin naman ‘yon.

“Date na kasi tayo!” pag kumbinsi niya pa.

“What kind of date do you want with a person who can’t walk?” Biglang nag iba ang timpla ng mukha niya. Like I say something bad.

Mula sa pagkakasandal sa headboard ng kama ko ay umupo siya ng tuwid. She look at me and lean closer. What the hell is she planning?

“Alam mo ba…kahit naka wheelchair ka pwede tayong mag pakasal?”

My eyes widen. What the fuck?

“W-what are you saying?”

Ngumuso siya at bumalik s pagkakasandal, “magdadate nga tayo. Wag kang nega.”

I sigh, “if I agree will you give me that?” tumingin ako sa hawak niya.

“Oo naman promise!”

“Then do want you want. I’ll have that after.”

“Talaga kahit ano?” hindi makapaniwalang tanong niya.

Wait…no. Baka mamaya kung ano pang gawin niya.

“No—”

“Wala nang bawian.” She crossed her arms.

Potcha.

“Shane, no kissing.” Nag babantang tono ko.

Her forehead creased, “bakit naman kita hahalikan e nanliligaw pa lang ako!”

“Ginawa mo na nga!”

She was taken back and just pouted.

She’s so unbelievable. Minsan nakikinig siya sa’kin, madalas hindi. And worst? My mother is tolerating her actions! Kahit sa harap ni mom kung ano ano ang ginagawa niya. My mom will just laugh at us. Hindi manlang sinasaway ang babae.