Chapter 36

Watching her sleep feels like I’m above the clouds. It felt so surreal. I hurt her, yet…she’s here forgiving me for leaving her. I want her to be mad at me, I can take that. Mas gusto ko pa ‘yon kesa kinikimkim niya.

I brush my fingers on her hair while watching her. I can’t hide my smile. I power off my phone last night. The office keeps on calling me. The hell I care. Mahuli ko lang talagang may kurakot sa kumpanya ko. Potang’na.

The sales are always low. I know that I did my job well. It’s just that there’s something wrong. I suspect that there are some who took the money. Money that suppose to be supporting the company.

Looking at her face makes me forget my problems. Natataranta pa ‘ko kahapon dahil ayokong masayang ang tsyansa ko sa kaniya. I hope she really is not mad at me. I don’t want her to hide her true feelings. Specially if it’s about hurting.

I saw her slowly opened her eyes, “kanina ka pa gising?”

I nodded.

“Bakit hindi mo ako ginising?” tanong niya at bumangon. I just remained myself on the bed.

“I want to watch you sleep.” I said looking at her directly.

Bumuntong hininga siya, “mag luluto na’ko ng almusal. Okay lang ba sayo ang itlog at sinangag?” she asked while brushing her hair.

“Anything would be fine. But, how are you feeling?” I remember that she’s sick.

“Ayos na’ko, magaan na pakiramdam ko.” Dumiretso siya sa banyo.

Ako naman ay umupo at binuksan na ang cellphone. 104 messages and 90 miscalls. I bit my lower lip in frustration. Halos mapa talon ako sa gulat dahil biglang may tumawag. It’s my mother.

I cleared my throat before answering, “good morning mom.” I greet.

“Buti ka pa good ang morning. Nasa’n ka ba ha?!” galit na tanong niya.

“I’m with Shane. I’m sorry, I’ll be back at the office.”

“Oh, really?” she has an 'I’m interested' tone.

“Look mom, something happened. But I’ll fix it, besides Mr. Tori handle it at some point.” I reasoned.

“Yeah, he’s with his laptop almost 24/7 son. Papatayin mo ba siya?”

“I ask him to monitor the company for a while. I’ll be back don’t worry. Bye love you.” Binaba ko agad ang tawag. Baka dugtungan pa niya e.

While she’s on the bathroom I decided to cut some garlic. I also took out the eggs from the ref.

“Ako na dyan, umupo ka nalang.” Inagaw niya ang itlog.

“I just want to help.”

“Hindi pwede. Takot ka nga sa mantika kahit sibuyas lang ang ginigisa mo.” Parinig niya.

“C’mon! I’m not that bad.” Reklamo ko.

Umarko ang kilay niya. She’s on the mood, I like it!

“Tabi na nga.” Tinulak niya ako. I just laugh and sit on the edge of the bed.

Matapos niyang mag luto ay kumain na kami. Nag paalam ako na maliligo muna sa condo. Nahihiya na’ko. Bad shot. She agree and also said that she’s going to work. I also told her about what happened yesterday.

Umuwi ako at agad na naligo. I swear I almost ran out of shower gel. I really hate dry sweat on my skin, it’s so annoying. When I finished I decided to grab a bag and put some of my clothes. I’ll put this in the car incase  she let me stay in her apartment.