Day 4

Today's story is by station_19_espana

Relief!

Andy did not think that this was a feeling that she could feel that day, the day they had just lost one of their own, of their family, while another struggled in a hospital bed.

But that was what she felt, she felt relief and in a corner of her heart even hope. She saw it in her body language, it was a single gesture that told her that Pru was going to be well, loved and cared for. That gesture that made Bailey lower herself to Pru's height and tuck her in her arms while Ben breathed. He was going to be able to fulfill the promise he made to his brother, his family now consisted of five. If they had told him two years ago, he would have called whoever said it crazy, without even thinking about it. Little did he know at that precise moment that things weren't going to be that easy.

Once Andy saw the scene at a safe distance, she went to Vic's room, there she met Theo and Travis who were accompanying a heartbroken Victoria who did not want to speak or be spoken to. She remained there, in her room until a nurse came to say that visits were restricted to one person, but that under the circumstances Bailey had allowed two to stay. Andy knew in that same instant that she was the one who should go and leave Theo, her boyfriend, and Travis, her person, with her.

But those hours that she had spent in that room totally silent, contrasted with the internal conversation that she had had in her head during that time, her thoughts ran like a whirlwind. She thought of her life and the mess it had become, she thought of all that she had lost and she thought of what she was letting go. Yes, she thought of him, her still husband, she thought of Robert, the person who had made her feel like no other and who, she was totally sure, that no one else could make her feel the same. As much as she had tried to keep alert only to the bad things, or what she believed he had done wrong, in that critical moment, when she had just seen how fleeting life can be, only all those moments came to her mind and actions that had made her mad with love for him.

She remembered wear heart on their sleeve confessions of love, the first time I felt his lips on hers and how he made her feel special every time they kissed, her through their looks that said everything, their dances in privacy and how she was they touched while they did it, their bubble baths and their showers that became more than showers and his body in her. 

He had made her feel so good, so complete, he knew what she liked and how and they knew their bodies in a way that only two lovers who share body, soul, life and heart can get to know. She also thought about how he must be feeling at this moment, after so many differences as Dean and Robert had, in the end they ended up being close, much closer than either of them had come to believe, but the amendments of one and the other and Robert's resolute support for the Crisis One project, putting all the fame that the famous video had afterwards earned in service to Dean's cause, had made them brothers, and surely Robert was coping with his pain alone, once again. 

For a little over three hours Andy had been sitting silently in that hospital room focused on her thoughts and the only truth in this whole situation was that everything ended and began with him and that her stupidity, stubbornness, not knowing how to ask for help, the fact that no one offered it to her and all the traumas that accompanied her since she was a child, became a heavy backpack that prevented her from taking one more step. Also, as if it were a revelation, it is not that she could not carry the load, it is that she did not want to continue with it, she needs to lighten her life, seek professional help, stop carrying the burden of others and focus on what mattered most to her, her life and her marriage, she just hoped it wasn't too late and the pile of ash could turn into the Phoenix she wished the two of them to be.