Unhealthy Romance, Part 9

Start from the beginning

"YES I DO!" He was in front of me now, his hands gripping my shoulders tight, his nails almost digging into my skin. His eyes had softened slightly and I was drawn into them. "Do you really think I wanted to go? That I didn't want to come back? That I wanted to ignore you? I loved you! I still love you! That's why I did it, that's why I ignored you! Not because I hated you or because I couldn't stand you anymore, but because I wanted to keep you safe! And every night it killed knowing I couldn't hold you or talk to you! But I did it because I loved you."

. . . . .

. . . . . . . .

Did he just-

Wait, what?

My heart was racing too fast in my chest and my legs were shaking under me ready to give way any time if Derry let me go and greatfully he didn't, he just kept looking into my eyes and slowly they blured with tears.

He loved me, he still does? All this time, I thought I was just dreaming, that he could ever feel the same when all this time he did.

No matter all the feelings that were racing through me, I forced my voice to work, I forced my lips to work but I couldn't force that single tear to stay in my eyes as it rolled down my cheeks.

"If you loved me then how could you ignore me?" I croaked out, my body completely limp while my mind raced around trying to find something in his words that didn't make sense, to tell me that this was all a dream and that I would wake up in a minute to realise that I'd been dreaming again and he never loved me and then I'd sit up and cry by myself.

"Because it was the only way to keep you safe . . . it just wasn't enough." He looked to the ground away from my eyes as if ashamed.

Everything was still so confusing but the main thing that hit me on the head was something that told me he knew what was happening and why, but how?

"Derry-" Again my words trailed off, his head had snapped back up and he was staring at me with an intensity that made my heart shiver with pleasure. Before I knew what was happening, my hands had wrapped around is neck and I was pulling him down to my lips.

I moaned at the softness of them against mine, the feel of his tongue as he calmied my mouth and the feel of his hands traveling down my sides and wrapping around my waist holding me tightly against him, too tightly.

Derrys hand tightened on the small of my back and my legs - as if by themself with no warning - wrapped around his torso and I was slammed up against the wall.

"AH!" The scream from next door was the only sound that tore him from my arms and the only thing to make me remember what had been happening before.

Derry allowed me to get to my feet and steady myself but never allowed another minute to pass before he took my hand in his and ran through the door coming to a stop to see all the guys in a line blocking that things way towards us.

It had brocken in through the weak rusty wall and stood grinning at them.

The grils held sharp mettle close to their chest as they sobbed and Troy turned to look at us.

"Run you idiots! We'll hold them off!"

"Are you sure?" Derry asked edging closer to the exit but his eyes never leaving that things. My lips still tingled with the feel of Derry and my hands buzzed where he was holding me.

"Yeah, like you said, he won't hurt us, he's after her." Troys voice was on the edge of breaking and before I had time to get a say in, I was tugged out of the factory and we were running in the open close to the forest.

"Derry we can't leave them!"

"They'll be fine!" He yelled back never letting my hand go as we reached the forest. We stumbled inside and had to keep ducking to miss the brances as we got ran.

By the time we were deep in the forest my legs were aching and I was slowing down.

"Come on! We can't stop!" Derry yelled back at me but I couldn't keep up no matter how much he tugged at my hand.

"I-I-I can't keep-" Before I could finish my gasping of words, Derry held me tightly against his chest and slammed my back up against the bark of a tree, I was frightened that maybe it had caught up but when I noticed the agonising pain in his face as his arms blocked my way against the bark of the tree I realised it had nothing to do with it but with Derry.

His head hung low and he groaned biting down on his lip.

"Keep-" He couldn't keep going and I found myself lost for words as he suddenly let out a scream falling to the ground onto his back.

"Derry!" But before I could fall to his side his eyes turned black, his hands gripping the dirt as he arched his back groaning with pain and the next thing I knew he was disapearing! Like, I could see right through him!

"Sky-" he moaned out and I fell to my knees searching the ground as I tried to rethink what had just happened.

H-hes gone!

Derry . . . he's a . . . a ghost!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well u know what Derry is and well theres only 3/4 chappys left of this story so I hope u enjoyed this chappy!!