25. The Flower

"What?" Barak's voice broke the awkward silence. Roxy asked "Why didn't you tell us earlier?" I replied "I only knew Saturday" She sighed, some time later I heard her sniffing.

"So I was going to be an aunt?" Her trembling voice questioned and I nodded "You still didn't tell the pack" I replied "I know"

"I'm planning on doing it today" She nodded and as surprising as it sounds Barak spoke "We can help you with that if you want" I really hope my eyes could express my gratitude because I know for sure my voice couldn't.

×××××××

"Okay calm down Andreas, the pack wouldn't judge you. They will understand" Roxy spoke to me, Barak behind her nodded. I was going to inform the pack about the baby and there was no escape.

"I don't want to do this" I murmured rubbing my face, Roxy sighed and said "They need to know, that was their future Alpha or Luna we are talking about. Keeping them in the dark wouldn't help" I breathed in and tried to gain the courage. Finally after some time I took the risk and opened the door, walking towards the little space in front of millions of people. Our people.

"First of all thank you all of you for the support you have been giving me. It helps me and my family" It really does. Roxy spoke first "The news I have to share may be a little harsh due the late events but I need to tell you" I continued, some faces held sadness other confusion "Your future Luna was pregnant" A doleful atmosphere settled on the air, there was some whispers and cries but other than that nobody dared to make a sound. I turned around and rushed out of there. I sighed and ignored Roxy's calls as she ran behind me. Just seeing their faces filled with pain made me want to cry.

I'm sorry Dionne, I'm really sorry if you didn't want me to tell them.

"Hey that was really brave, you did well" Roxy exclaimed coming in front of me so I would stop. I was nodding until my eyes found Brizo, Lilith and Finn in the back. They both had puffy eyes and Lilith was hugging Brizo who seemed to be crying her insides out, Finn was with his arm around her while he kissed her head gently. I averted my eyes, fearing they would accuse me for what happened. I mean I was the one responsible for her death, I deserve all the hate they would give me.

Instead, they approached us. Roxy looked behind her and when she saw their miserable figures she immediately hugged them. Barak and Find stood beside me as the girls talked quietly.

"Are you doing okay?" Finn asked, glancing at me, I nodded but he didn't seem to buy it. He pulled me to a hug, surprising me and after some time I mumbled "I'm sorry" My eyes filled with hot tears before I felt more people join the hug. Even Barak joined the group hug. I cried silently in their confort. I really needed that hug.

We broke apart and I looked at them, my faces roomed through Finn's worried face and supportive smile; Brizo's wet cheeks and red eyes; Lilith's sad eyes; Roxy's face filled with a firm glint; and Barak's understanding eyes.

"Thank you guys" I murmured, obliging my eyes to look at them while I talked. They smiled and I tried to smile back.

×××××××

"How have you really been doing?" Finn asked me as we walked towards the pack house. The cold air was starting to make me shiver even with the jacket I was using. I responded "It's been hard without Dionne. Almost everything reminds me of her and I hate it. It's not that I want to forget her, I just want the pain to go away" He nodded and I continued "And Asmodeus, he said something. I don't know if I should believe him" I rubbed my cold hands on my eyes and sighed.

"What did he say?" He questioned, his curious eyes turning to glance at me "He said she was going to come back" His eyebrows shot up and he mumbled "That's a... bold assumption" I nodded and looked in front of me. We got to the house and entered.

×××××××

Some days had passed and I was currently coming down the stairs.

Just as I was opening the fridge door, Madeline, Dionne's cousin came rushing to me. She looked unexpectedly happy.

"The flower"

~~~~~

I don't know what to say ;-;

Xoxo Mads 💋