Chapter 38: Through The Tabantha

"Are you sure you're going to be okay with her while we're gone?" You asked, sliding your gloves on. It had been three days now since everyone came to the village, and Janelle and Rhoam decided it could be a good idea for all the 'adults' to get some time together. So Zelda offered to watch Amalia in the meanwhile. "Remember that Abby is just a couple doors up if you need any help."

"We'll be just fine, _____." She gave you a smile, looking down at her younger cousin who was fast asleep on your bed. "You all just enjoy your walk. Don't worry about us." She leaned herself against the backboard, and Rhoam came upstairs with two glasses of water. "Thank you, father!"

"If there's any emergency," Rhoam set down a small, sheikah looking gem thing on the table next to her, and it made a noise and glowed blue for a moment before fading back to grey. "Just press down on that little circle, and we'll be notified immediately." He held up a small blue orb, and he pushed down on the one he gave Zelda, which caused them both to glow blue. "The more times you push it, the faster we'll head over."

"Okay!" Zelda chirped admiring the tiny piece of technology. "How late do you all think you'll be out anyways?" She asked as she pushed it a couple times as if testing it's frequency, happy to see it was perfectly coordinated.

"We aren't sure, but certainly not past midnight I would hope." You pulled on your jacket and slid your sword into it's scabbard, making sure your bow was nice and tight on your back. "If you need us to come home any sooner, even if not urgent, that's another reason you can press the button." You threw the scroll's bag over your shoulder, and the young princess nodded.

"I got notice from Daruk," Revali said as he walked into the room. "He said that he's gonna meet with Mipha and Urbosa, and they're going to meet us near the Tabantha bridge." He grabbed his bow and quiver as well, and Rhoam grabbed his claymore while Janelle was polishing her twin swords. "Is everyone ready?"

"I think so!" You stood up after buckling your boots, and looking around the room, everyone else nodded. "Alright. We better head out now before they beat us there." You all said goodbye to Amalia and Zelda, and then the four of you were off. Eagle, Orville and Parro joined your little trip as well since they had to speak to some people at the stables.

The seven of you traveled all the way to the Tabantha Great Bridge and made it there just barely a few minutes before the others, and then you went over to their side, planning to walk near the breach of demise.

"Well well well, looks like we're not the early ones for once." Urbosa remarked as you and the group behind crossed the last few feet of the bridge. "How has your time been at the village?" She asked Rhoam and Janelle as they hopped down behind Revali, who walked over to greet Daruk and Mipha with you.

"It's been... interesting." Rhoam breathed, stopping beside the Gerudo Chief. "Not to say bad, but it's odd not being in the castle. I haven't exactly spent more than two nights away from it since... I think not since Amirah and I were wed."

"It's been fun, Rhoam, you just need to open your mind a bit more!" Janelle chirped, making her way over to your side. Eagle, Parro and Orville bowed their heads to the king and the chief. Though they were always around one of the royals, they still held high amounts of respect for the rest of your family.

"Hey, _____! How have you guys been?" Daruk asked as you came to a stop next to Revali, heaving his boulder breaker over his shoulder. "It's been a while since we've seen you two! Not since..."

"Since Amalia's first birthday." Mipha added, and he nodded with a smile. "It's nice seeing you all together again. Where's the princess and the baby?" She asked, tilted her head; her jewels jingling as she did this.