Chapter 27: Like A Champion

"Goodmorning..." You smiled, stretching out. Revali swiveled his head back to look at you, making sure his chestplate was comfortable enough. "What are you doing?"

"To answer your first question, it is now late in the afternoon." He turned around completely, and you held you hand out for his wing. "To answer your second question, I'm getting ready to go to Hyrule Castle."

"But my first question wasn't a question..." You pouted and allowed yourself to sink further into the pillow and mattress. You took one glance out the window to confirm his claim of it being late in the afternoon, and upon seeing the sun in the middle of the sky, you groaned. "Have fun at the castle..."

"Thank you...?" He was now really confused, trying to remember if Sandy said she put you on anything for sleeping. "Remember, Eagle and Gwen are around if you need any help with the baby, okay?"

"Okay..." It took you another few seconds, but your brain finally put together Revali's answer to your second question. "Wait, you're going to Hyrule Castle?"

"There it is." He set down his wing piece that he was polishing before walking over to the bed to sit down next to you. "Look honey," You were now more confused than he had been, as he rarely called you any pet names aside from an occasional 'love'. "That competition from yesterday - it was to decide who Kanyen would send to see Rhoam for the champion meeting. I wouldn't have cared to go so bad if it weren't for that reason."

"So he's rearranging what Ami and I put together?" You looked up at him, eyes wide and your bottom lip now slightly pushed out.

"No, he's trying to officiate everything." He pecked your cheek and you placed your hands on his cheeks and pulled him in so his beak met with your nose. "I'll be back really soon, _____. You just get some rest."

"Okay." You let him go to finish putting on his armor, and with that, he let you give him one more quick kiss before he was off to the castle.

~~~~

"Alright, Daruk?" Rhoam called, and Daruk raised his hand. "Urbosa?" Urbosa raised hers. "Revali?" Revali raised his. "Mipha?" Mipha raised hers. "Nolan?" No response. Rhoam sighed. "Always late..."

"I HATE YOU!" Nolan practically burst down the door, and everyone looked back at him except Revali. Rhoam looked between them, and Urbosa turned back to the blue rito just in time to see the smug grin that formed on his beak.

"Revali." She said sternly, watching that smug grin turn into a worried frown. "Nolan, what happened?" She looked back at the hylian warrior, who was soaked and panting. His hair was a mess, and so was his attire.

"Listen here, you bird-brained evil little-" Urbosa grabbed the neck of Nolan's shirt, who tensed up and stopped himself from going further.

"I asked you a question." Revali laughed but Urbosa shot him a glare as well, and he quickly straightened his back and cleared his throat. "What happened?" Revali went to speak but she shushed him. "Nolan?"

"If you must know," Nolan growled, looking over the rito warrior. "Revali troubled my path. First, he shot down bomb arrows so I didn't feel safe taking my horse anymore. Then, he started causing wind problems. Then he 'accidentally' shoved me into the water!"

"I'm sorry," Revali gave a fake pout and tried to make himself look genuinely sad. "You have no idea the day I've had. It's been so hard, and I thought you were surely a bokoblin. You know, with that scrunched up face and weird walk of yours." Nolan went in towards Revali, but Urbosa pushed him aside and shoved Revali out of his chair.

"Revali, where is _____?" Rhoam asked as the bird pulled himself back to the table, shooting Nolan one last glare before he sat down. "I was hoping you'd take her."