Chapter 11: Rito Dance

"Hey _____?" Revali popped his head into your shared room, quickly noticing that you were sitting at your desk writing. "Can I ask you a question?" You set your pet down and looked over at him, leaning back in your chair.

"You just did." You smiled, and he looked confused for a second before thinking about it.

"Well can I ask you two questions?"

"You just did."

"Can I ask you four questions then?"

"Again, you just did."

"What? When?"

"Now." You giggled as he sighed, and then you extended your arm to meet with his wing. "Okay okay, I'm sorry. What's up, love?" You pulled him down towards you, kissing his cheek. He pulled you up out of your chair and into his chest.

"I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go to the dance with me tonight?" He asked, and you chuckled and pecked his beak.

"Of course, who else would I go with?" You walked back to your desk and put your book and pen away, pushing your chair in as well.

"I don't know, Orville?" He shrugged, and you raised your eyebrow and you sat down on your hammock.

"Yes Revali, because I was planning on going with Orville instead of my husband." He pouted and let his wings droop by his sides, and you sighed and smile. "Revali, obviously I'm gonna want to go with you."

"Great! Be ready by four. The festival starts at five." He then left with a big grin on his face, and you hummed and looked up at the time. It was only eleven-ish, so you just flopped back into your hammock and decided to take a nap.

~~~~

You got up later to get ready, and even just as you went to find something to wear, you saw a huge, colorful, feathered gown hanging on the wall, and when you walked over to see it, you saw a small note on the side that read "Your Rito~"

You smiled softly and took it from its spot and then went to change into it before the festival.

Once you were dressed and had your hair done up and make-up on, you went downstairs to find Orville and Parro helping to set up the decorations. You were about to ask where Revali was, but Orville saw you pretty quickly.

"Revali! Your fiancée is here!" He called out, and then within seconds the blue rito dove in through the trees and landed beside Parro.

"My wife, if you will." He scoffed to his friend, and then turned his head to you. "My, aren't you a sight for sore eyes." He slowly walked towards you, making sure every step was focused on. "I don't believe I was informed that the princess was joining us for the dance."

"Well, a very handsome blue rito asked me earlier if I would accompany him, and I couldn't say no." You smiled, fluffing out the ruffles on his shirt. It wasn't often you saw him out of his regular armor or even his regular rito clothing. Not that you were complaining.

"Mmm, he must be a very lucky man for someone like you to say yes to him." He played with the feathers in your hair, his grin widening at the sight of the crown he gave you years ago sat neatly on your head. "Did he give you this crown as well?"

"Yes, he did. It's beautiful, isn't it?" You asked, and he leaned in so the tip of his beak pressed against your nose.

"If he gave you that crown, he must love you to absolute pieces. It symbolizes that." You giggled and placed your hands on his shoulders, and then your little moment was cut short.

"Gods, can't you two wait until later to get all mushy and sappy?" Orville groaned, hopping off his wooden ladder. Parro laughed as he tied more balloons to the banister, blowing one over to bounce against the taller rito's shoulder.

"Well I'm sorry for causing you any inconvenience, Orville." Revali huffed, pulling away from you for a moment. "I would like to treat my girlfriend- I mean fiancée- I mean," He sighed. "Wife. I would like to treat my wife to a nice dinner and dance tonight, so I'm sorry if you aren't happy with that." He nipped at your ear and you blushed and giggled, pulling yourself away from him. Orville rolled his eyes and glared at his friend. "Hey, just because I said sorry doesn't mean I said I'll stop."

"Come on, Revali," You gently grasped the ruffles on his shirt and began to walk out backwards. "We should leave Orville and Parro to finish their decorating. Besides, I'd much rather have you alone anyways." You dragged him out of the room before he could protest, and Orville and Parro went back to decorating.

___________________________

Ima do a part two of this one probably in a few hours!

Also- @BrynTro and I started a discord yesterday! Everyone is welcome and we'd love to get to talk and hang out with you guys! :D

Link is both in description and coversation/announcements as well ~

https://discord.gg/MGfgQ3MgAD