Chapter 12: Hmph!

“Revali!” You called out, flopping your arms out to your sides. You heard his feet tap against the wood as he ran up the stairs, and he panted as he got to the doorway.

“Yes, _____?” He asked as he sat down on the hammock, looking over you as you rolled around on the mattress next to him. You had spent your entire night and morning sick with the cold, and one could only wonder why.

“I need more water.” Revali walked over to grab your cup but stopped as he had his wing around it and looked back at you. “I need more water please.” He hummed and picked up the glass and went to refill it. Leaving you to groan about how hot you were.

“Here you go, princess.” He set down your now full glass next to your bed, and you huffed and hid yourself under the blanket. “What? You said you were thirsty.”

“I’m cold.” You complained, wrapping yourself up as tight as you could. He threw another blanket over you, and then held the glass to your mouth since you were too cold to move your arms. “Can I get a bit more soup?” You asked, now having to give him puppy dog eyes as he sighed.

“Yes, yes, I can get you some.” He hurried back downstairs to get the soup, and you laid happily curled up in your large ball of blankets while you waited for him to return.

Revali got back up the stairs with your bowl of soup, and as soon as he walked into the door frame, you were lying flat out with all your blankets moved off to the side. He set your bowl down with a huff, slumping back down into his hammock.

“Hmph. Who knew someone so independent could be so needy when they’re sick.” He folded his wings, watching as you gulped down your water hoping to cool yourself down a bit. You pouted and grabbed the spoon in the soup bowl, and you yelped as you took a bite of it, now going to chug the water. “Now, I don’t want to say I told you so, but I did warn you that by not wearing proper attire to go out sledding on the mountain, you’d wind up with a cold. And I was right, now, wasn’t I?” He slid into a flat position, placing his wings behind his head with his eyes now closed. “Therefore, I told you so.”

“I didn’t think it would be that cold.” You groaned, grabbing a small fan to wave over yourself to keep you from burning up too much. Revali laughed and you looked back at him displeased with his reaction.

“_____, you’ve lived here two whole years at least, and you still think what you did would’ve been okay?” He continued to chuckle and you sighed and covered your face with your pillow. “I love you with all my heart but you can be awfully stubborn sometimes.” He reached over to gently brush your hair out of your face, and he held your hand in his wing.

“You know what would make me feel better?” You started, and he tilted his head with a soft smile. “If you would cuddle with me.” You were still refusing your blankets, and Revali’s smile dropped a bit with a sigh, and he patted your head and sat back up.

“What you have could get to me if I did that, and if I get sick too than who’s gonna take care of you? If we both get sick then that’s the longer we’ll both stay sick.” You sighed, knowing he was right, and he then grabbed your water glass again and went to refill it.

~~~~

“I’m sorry I took so long, Orville stopped me on the way to-“ He paused as he noticed you were now asleep, wrapped up in the blankets once again. He set the water down and sat on his hammock, watching each time your chest rose when you took in a breath.

He eventually moved to your mattress, finding himself unable to resist snuggling up with you. So he gently moved your blankets and wrapped both of his wings around your smaller figure, and you smiled in your sleep and buried your self into his chest. And this turned into an extra few days you both had to be sick.

__________________________

This was just a short one I decided to do - more to come today and this week