Chapter 15: The Trial

"I appreciate the Royal Administration for showing up on such short notice." The tall man in a black suit said, rising from his seat. "I am Reeve Serlon, head of the Royal Administration and judge of this trial." He sat down, stacking some of the paper on his table. "Now, let me explain how this is going to go."

"Serlon, aren't we to introduce the accused?" Rhoam asked as he raised his hand, and Reeve gestured for him to put it down.

"I'm getting to that, Sir. Do not rush the process." Rhoam nodded, and you couldn't help the smile that crept across your face. "Each member of the Royal Administration gets three minutes to question the accused, Queen _____." Everyone nodded, and you folded your arms and leaned back in your seat. "For each question she answers, I will be writing down whether or not her actions deserve justice. And there is only one way to find out if she's truthful or not." He showed everyone a tiny gem in his hand, which was a golden triangle, and then when he tapped it, it glowed, got bigger and floated above him. "When Queen _____ tells the truth, it will glow brighter. But when she lies... well, we'll leave you all to find out what happens then." Everyone quietly gasped and whispers started around the room, and he cleared his throat.

"First, I would like for the accused to come up to the stand." You got up from your seat and walked up to sit at the isolated desk across from Reeve, and he handed another piece of the triforce gem to the person next to him. "You must swear the oath, Queen _____."

"I swear to bestow only honesty upon her grace." You spoke this as you held the gem in your own hand, and you set it down in the small triangle hole in the center of the desk, fitting it perfectly. "Also, how long should this take? I have a competition tonight."

"We'll see, your highness." Reeve sighed and then held his piece of the triforce gem. "I swear to bestow only honesty upon her grace." Reeve Serlon spoke this too, setting his own piece of the triforce in front of him as well. Glowing yellow rings appeared around your hands, and you noticed he had the same thing. "Alright, let the trial begin!" Everyone was silenced, and the room darkened except for a light on you and Reeve. "I will allow Sir Mawde to go first." Mawde swore the oath before leaving his seat.

"Queen _____," He started as he stepped down from his spot near Reeve. "You were coronated as Queen of Hyrule earlier in the day that you left, correct?" You nodded, and the triforce glowed. "And will you tell the court exactly why you left that night?"

"I didn't want to become queen. It wasn't my place." The triforce glowed once again, and Mawde thought for a few moments.

"Well, were you aware that by leaving the night after taking the Hyrulean Crown, you broke one of the kingdom's strictest laws and greatly offended not only us but the King you stole from?"

"I didn't steal anything from Rhoam, he forced me into it." More glowing. "And yes- I'm aware I may have broken a rule, but for the record, I didn't know it was official on my part." Again, it proved your innocence.

"Well can you tell me why you dared to show up to the ceremony then?" He asked, circling the area in front of your desk.

"I thought it would all turn out okay, but when Nolan didn't show up, I knew something was wrong." You sighed, and he looked up at the triforce again. It still glowed. "I apologize for even making an appearance." And again, it only glowed.

"Thank you, Mawde. You may take a seat." Mawde huffed and went to sit down, and the next member of the council went up to swear the oath. "Next, we have Countess Lillian asking the questions."

"Alright, so to start, Queen _____," Lillian said as she leaned over the table you were sitting at. "Can you confirm that you carry the triforce your older sister once held?" Oh boy, here we go.