Chapter 2: Silent Princess

Revali dove in towards Hyrule Castle, and you began to panic more the closer you got. You thought you managed to scare the yiga off a little more than that, but with the way things were looking, they were back and they weren’t happy. All you hoped is that Rhoam was alive and that Zelda wasn’t harmed at all.

“Here we are.” Revali landed outside the gate, and you slid off his back before the pair of you started walking towards the entrance. The guards took notice of the pair of you almost immediately, and you pulled your cloak hood over your head just as they did.
“Hello gentlemen,” Revali started, trying to make himself seem slightly more calm. “I’m Revali, the Rito champion choice.” Since they were now only letting certain people in due to what happened, you had to be careful.
You were hoping they would let you both in off his identity, but when they gestured to you, Revali sighed and thought.

“This is my hylian friend, uhm… Lia! Yes Lia. She’s another ace archer.” You recognized these guards as Barry and Adrian, Rhoam’s most highly trusted captains, so you were worried they might recognize your voice. You gently tugged on Revali’s wing, and he read your silent plea like words on a page. “Oh, and she also doesn’t like to talk very much, just so you know.” They nodded and let you in.

Step one completed.

“Okay, do you have any idea where we’re gonna go to find him?” Revali asked as you walked into the throne room doors and looked around. You shook your head, and he began looking around with you. “We have to find a way to get to him. Maybe I can try and find another captain or-“

“Halt.” You both turned around to be faced with the powerful heart and leader of the Gerudo. You went red as you had a feeling Urbosa would recognize you, even with your face half covered by a cloak. “What are you doing here, Revali?”

“I-I came to make sure his majesty was alright. This is my friend, Lia.” He lied, and Urbosa simply hummed and looked down at you again. Looking back at Revali, she asked him a pretty obvious question without even moving her lips. “_____ is in the Hebra training and got stuck in a really bad blizzard, so she couldn’t make it today. I came in her place.”

“Hm. Alright then.” She walked by you and stopped, only cocking her head back to look at you. “You two play a smooth game. Just try not to get caught.” She smiled before continuing to walk away, and you sighed both relieved and worried. Relieved that Urbosa knew it was you and was still covering for you, and worried that maybe others would recognize you as well.

You snuck upstairs trying to blend in with the group you were hiding in, and Revali met with Mipha to try and get in a different way. You weren’t sure how you were going to get in without a more important identity, but being a nobody was better than having more chaos start with your return at a time like this.

Sure, it likely would be expected for you to show up. But you wanted to find out first what exactly had happened, then you could deal with the people you once called your own. Trying to get all the way up to the top hallway was hard, but after a while you made it. You even managed to sneak into your own room, still having the key. You were half surprised an alarm didn’t go off when the door opened, but you still went in anyways.

And while you were distracted looking at some of your old belongings, that’s when the voice down the hallway started talking.

“But Dad!” You could hear a voice yell, and you quickly figured out that voice was none other than your niece’s. “Why can’t we go?”

“Because Zelda,” You felt every nerve in your body tense when you heard Rhoam’s voice not too far off, and you quickly closed and locked the doors before standing as still as you could against the wall next to them. “We have to wait for your aunt to get here. This is important.” So… he was okay! Which was a good thing, but he didn’t even sound as if he had been injured. Just regular Rhoam behavior.

“Why is it so important?” She groaned, and you kept your ears perked up so you could hear everything as they were about to pass your door.

“Zelda, if I’m caught off castle grounds within the next two days, it could lead to consequences.” He sighed, and you could hear both your brother-in-law and you niece stop with their conversation outside your door. “Just a little while longer and I promise, we ca-“

“You always say that! What is with you trying to see Aunt _____ all the time? You always have something more important than me to take care of!” Zelda hissed, and you could hear her dash down the hallway. Rhoam didn’t follow her, but he wasn’t happy.

“Zelda! You don’t get to walk away from me!” He growled, but there was nothing telling you she turned around. And you heard a deep sigh release from Rhoam’s throat. So this wasn’t the first time Rhoam’s tried to get your attention, apparently. But that’s when your door opened.

Rhoam hesitantly walked in, not
noticing you pushing yourself into the corner – almost hoping you’d eventually go through it – and just stood in the middle of the room and looked around.

“Of all the times I’ve tried to see you,” He whispered, and it almost felt as if he knew you were there and was speaking directly to you. “You never show up. Are you not receiving my letters? Or have you simply chosen to forget me completely?” You almost wanted to walk out of your hiding spot to see him. Maybe this could be forgiving for you both. “Not even thinking I could’ve been killed, did you return.”

But this is where you realized. It was indeed faked. The king standing here that you trusted so much, your sister’s husband and the father of your niece. He went as far as faking his own death to the whole of Hyrule just to get you to come back. Now that you couldn’t forgive.

While he continued with his sentiment, you used this opportunity to sneak out of the room and down the hall to find Revali so you could both get out of there and back home. But you didn’t even make the first turn before a bunch of guards showed up and surrounded you.

“Stop right here! Go inform his majesty that the princess is here!” Two of the six guards ran to find Rhoam, leaving four of them keeping you locked in your spot. But you couldn’t just take that, now could you? “You come with us, and there will be no problems alright?” You didn’t say anything to this, keeping your silence solid since you’ve arrived at the castle. Your cover may have already been blown, yes. But so long as you stayed silent, nothing could be held against you in the future.

“Just obey us, and-“ You blew a gust of wind towards the two guards blocking the hallway that you needed to get down, and started running in that direction. The two others started chasing you, and you ran not towards the stairs, but to the huge window at the end of the hall. This not only confused the knights, but caused them to run after you faster. You could hear Rhoam’s voice from the other end, just before you pulled out your sword and smashed the window. The force from the way you leaped and the small addition of power you used helped in getting you freed, but you could feel pains in certain places as the glass shards cut through the thinner parts of your attire.

As you fell towards the river below, you whistled as loudly as you could, and just before you hit the water, you were caught.

“Right on time!” You exclaimed as you got yourself more comfortably positioned on Revali’s back. “You’re good!” You were waiting for a reply from the blue bird, and it took him a few minutes to catch his breath to finally spout one out.

“ARE YOU CRAZY?! You just jumped out of a window hoping I would be there to catch you?!” He snapped, and you pet his head gently and nodded.

“Yep! And you did, didn’t you?” Revali sighed and flew you up to the roof of the castle, where the two of you snuck into a conference room with the others.

“So? What happened?” Revali asked as the other champion choices looked over you shocked.

“Rhoam’s alive,” You panted, and they all sighed relieved. “But he was never injured, that’s why.” They all looked confused now, and Revali had you sit down to explain and Urbosa walked over and gently massaged your shoulders, careful of your wounds. “He faked it.” They all gasped and looked between each other to make sense of the whole ordeal. “I guess he just wanted to see me. I just can’t believe he went this far, I-“ You felt something stab into your neck – like a needle – and everything was fine for a few seconds, before your eyes blurred and you could feel yourself pass out in Urbosa’s arms.

____________________________

The spice must go on *dramatic pose and spin and snap and cue supernova in the background and little firework*