Chapter 20: The Tale

"_____?" Revali called for you, walking around the village. It had been around four days since he left, and he was barely returning. Eagle, Orville and Parro were already in their rooms, but he had no idea where you were. "Are you here?"

"Mister Revawi!" Two young rito children ran up to Revali and he looked behind himself in question. "You came home! Where did you go?"

"Well, I went far into the Hebra to see an awesome temple!" He exclaimed, and the little ritos gasped and looked at him in amazement.

"Can you teww us your stowy?" One asked, and he nodded before letting them drag him to the inn. "Mommy! Revawi's back and he has stowies!"

"That's nice sweetie." The woman at the desk smiled as Revali sat down with her children, and she laughed at how excited they were to hear his tales.

"I hope it's alright that I stay here and tell them, Miss Janna." He said, and she nodded and gestured for him to go on.

"Well, let me start with our journey through ColdSnap Hollow. It was a very dangerous, treacherous flight, but we made it through with our natural skill. Let me tell you how." As he went on with his stories, more rito children started to gather around the inn to listen. "...And then when we went across Hebra Peak, there were so many moblins and we took all of them down and made sure to clear the area!" Around this point, there were plenty of kids gathered around to hear his stories. "...So then we arrived at the temple, and it was amazing! The giant leviathan bones were there, and they were so much bigger than I thought! And there was an ancient shrine in there, along with so many crystals and wonders." The children were all clapping and cheering, and begging for Revali to continue telling his stories.

"Go on, Revali, I'll make everyone some dinner while you do." Janna got her pot ready, and the children started chanting for him to go on. He thought of more good stories of his before continuing.

"There was this one time when Eagle and I went to Wabbler's Nest, and while we were trying to learn a pattern, Eagle managed to find a korok!" He went on to explain how, and while he did that, Janna was now mixing the ingredients for her soup. "Another time, Parro and I wanted to find some frogs, and just as we were about to give up, we found a whole pond full of them! I'll have to take you guys sometime." By now, Janna was pouring the soup into bowls for everybody. "And then there was a time Orville and I flew up all the way to the Divine Beast. It was so cool." Janna gave everyone their soup, and Revali took a break from his storytelling to eat.

What he didn't notice was you standing in your room, watching him from your own balcony. You decided since you finally found him you best get a hold of him. You went downstairs and called him out of the room, and he set his soup down and rushed out to see you.

"_____! There you are dear!" He hugged you tightly and spun you around, kissing your lips gently. All of the kids in the room giggled and then Revali waved them off with a laugh before letting you take him upstairs. "Janna made some soup, do you want any?"

"I'll get some after. Come up here first." You got to your room, and he smiled and chuckled once you got there. "How long have you been back?"

"Only an hour or two. The little rito children wanted me to tell them about my recent trip, as well as others." He explained, and you nodded as he did. "Where were you? I was almost worried you headed out to Hyrule again." You let out a half-hearted laugh and then shook your head.

"No, I was with Jetta." You told him, and he tilted his head and raised his eyebrow now.

"Jetta? Why were you with her? Are you okay?" He immediately put his wing to your forehead to check your temperature and you nodded. "Why did you go then?"

"Because, Revali, I was just talking to her about my exhaustion and all that, and she did a check up on me, and she told me that," You took a breath in between and then went on. "She told me that I'm pregnant."

"S-She told you what?" He asked, and you gave him a small smile. "Wait a minute, so you're telling me...?"

"We're having a baby." You nodded, and he looked over at the balcony before grabbing your hand and leading you over to the wooden railing.

"So this means we're gonna have one of those?" He asked, pointing out towards the group of rito children still eating their soup with Janna.

"Yes Revali," You giggled, holding his wing. "We'll have one of our own." You had to stand on your tip toes to reach his cheek to kiss it, and he blushed a bit and looked down at you. You're smile turned down just a bit as you tried to read his expression. "Are you happy?"

"I'm going to be a father?" He asked, and you nodded, smiling a bit more again. "I'm going to be a father." He repeated, now looking at all of the little rito children. He turned back to you with a smile across his beak. He picked you up and spun you around, and you laughed as he did this. "I'm going to be a father!" He pulled you back into his wings and held you tightly, nuzzling his beak into your neck. "And you're going to be a mother." He breathed, looking over you. "You're going to be a wonderful mother." He smiled brighter and hugged you again before finally placing you in your shared hammock. "I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed your lips and held your hair back with his wings, and you placed your hands on his cheeks, softly petting his feathers. "Now, how about that soup?"

"Coming right up, my love." He led you back downstairs to get some soup, and you spent the rest of the evening listening to the stories of his trips and then most of the night you were snuggled up with him.

______________________________

I have a few notes on this one!

- Surprise!❤

- I'm wondering how this is already at the halfway mark of this book, like bro didn't I start it like two weeks ago

- Don't ask how - I don't have an answer

Enjoy it as is :3