Chapter 36: The Sword, The 'Hero'

Revali’s POV

“In a couple of years, we’re going to be out here flying together! Doesn’t that sound exciting?” I looked down at my daughter, still sat comfortably in her large sled; I had her wrapped in blankets and pillows so she wouldn’t get cold, and she loved it. “You sit here and play with your toys while I show you some of my skills.”

“Is there any room in the audience?” I pulled my attention from Amalia, and of course, walking up the hill was the one and only Nolan Finn. “I’m sorry it took me so long to get here.”

“Don’t be,” I huffed, making sure Amalia was wrapped up tightly enough but could still move around a bit. “You’re actually right on time, Nolan Finn.” I leaped up into the air and began shooting arrows everyone, making sure nothing below me would get hit. “Just watch out for the Talus!”

“Huh? Wha- OH!” A large ice Talus appeared behind him, and as fast as I could, I swooped down and scooped up my daughter and flew right back into the air. “I need a little help!!!!”

“Sorry, the show is cancelled! Come again next time!” I flew off back towards the village, laughing as I once again avoided the ‘hero’. In my satisfaction, I almost didn’t feel the arrow hit my armor. But the I heard an explosion behind me that sent me off track. “What?!”

“Hm?” What I didn’t notice was my Aunt watching me from her room, and she gasped. “Revali? Gwen? Gwen!” I flew straight back towards the area I had been before and saw the Talus rocks everywhere.

“The show doesn’t have to be cancelled. I already bought my ticket.” Nolan was aiming his bow towards me, and I pulled out mine, now having Amalia wrapped up into a pouch that was held by my feet. “Now… I’d like to see your act.”

“You don’t want to get too close.” I shot a bomb arrow down towards him, and he was barely able to avoid it in the nick of time so he didn’t get the brunt of the impact. “Don’t try this at home, kids!” I flew past him, blowing smoke out of my way and into his before soaring back up into the sky.

“Playing show master is a dangerous game,” I could see in the corner of my eye that he had a quiver full of ancient arrows. “You don’t want to get caught in the ring of fire!"  He started shooting fire arrows now, and I managed to somehow dodge every single one he released from his string.

“Listen, Finn,” I got closer again, eyes locked with his. “I’m a champion. You’re a thought. A mere thought of strength that the queen may have had any confidence in you at all.” Amalia still with me, I flew away from the ground and above his, pushing a gust of wind against him.

“You’re only the champion because _____ liked you.” He lowered his bow and next arrow, glaring at me as I flew in large circles around him. “It was originally supposed to be your friend, was it not?”

“Actually,” I started tightening my circles, every lap around getting smaller than the last. “I almost lost my position because _____ fell in love with me. You’re the one who was chosen because you were her childhood friend and the only young knight the king and queen really knew at the time.”

“You aren’t even that strong. I want to wonder why Rhoam even kept you that high on the list. You don’t even get along with us four!” He was slowly raising his bow again and I kept my circle size the same once I believed I was too close.

“I don’t count you as a champion, so three.” I scoffed, and he rolled his eyes and brought his bow up all the way, following my pace. “Daruk and I get along just fine, we’re even kind of friends now. Urbosa’s around _____ a lot, so while there’s a gap, I see her all the time. I don’t know Mipha that well, so you can’t say I don’t get along with her.” I held Amalia closer to me, feeling her shift a bit. “Princess Zelda’s my niece, and _____’s my wife.”