03 | Party Issues

Start from the beginning

The dark-haired one pulled the man-boy aside. "If you don't give us the money, we'll just continue playing this game with Isaac until he passes out."

I glanced over at Isaac and snickered. "Like now?"

Their heads snapped in the direction of where I was looking. Isaac was sprawled on top of the kitchen counter, knocked out cold from the liters of alcohol he consumed in the last two hours.

The dark-haired dumbass cleared his throat and backed away from me. "We-we'll be leaving first," he stammered pathetically.

"What about our money?" asked the man-boy. "Are you seriously going to let this fucking Senior take advantage of us? Who does he think he is?"

"Dude, you're new here. You don't know who you're dealing with."

The man-boy scanned me thoroughly to assert his dominance that was pretty scant. He seemed like the sort of person that barked more than did any action.

"Who the fuck are you?" he said, tipping his chin up.

My lips curled into a condescending smile, causing fear to replace the initial cockiness in his eyes. "I'm Gray Stanford. Who the fuck are you?" I questioned back.

"Sta-Stanford?"

"Did I stutter, man-boy?"

He shook his head anxiously and hurriedly turned on his heel to run away like a dog with its tail tucked between its legs. Once they were out of sight, I walked over to Isaac, shoving the bills into my pocket.

I leaned against the counter with arms folded.

"They're gone, dipshit."

Isaac's eyes popped open, still slightly dazed but sober enough to understand the situation he dug himself into a moment ago. I knew that he was conscious enough to think straight when he started speaking Italian. It would've been worrisome if he began conversing in Greek.

"Are you sure?" he asked in a whisper.

"Yeah, now get up before I kick you off this counter."

"Bad day?" he asked, pushing himself into a sitting position. "You've been cranky since this afternoon. What happened? Didn't get any action with a freshman?"

My face twisted in disgust. "Belt up, Isaac. You know I don't do that crap."

"Right," he mocked. "The player has spoken."

"They throw themselves at me. I never initiate the first move."

"Everyone's been busy listing the most attractive freshman they've spotted today outside the orientation hall. Why do you have to be a party pooper?" He grabbed his half-empty red cup on the counter, downing the contents in a matter of seconds.

"Well, since you seem rather normal again, I would be taking my leave first," I said, patting him on his shoulder.

"Always so polite, Gray."

"Un vero gentiluomo è sempre gentile." (A true gentleman is always polite)

"You sound just like my father."

"I was asked to keep an eye on you," I reminded him with a smirk. "I should at least embody your father's presence."

Isaac laughed. "Mood killer!"

"At your service," I snickered.

"Hey," Victoria grumbled, entering through the kitchen doorway. She climbed onto the counter in one fluid movement and crossed her legs. "Isaac, since you're studying law, I have one crucial question to ask."