25 | Pillow Talk

Ain't never felt this wayCan't get enough so stay with me— ILYSB by Lany

Can't get enough so stay with me
— ILYSB by Lany

I paced around Gray's room in boredom, waiting for him to finish his shower

I paced around Gray's room in boredom, waiting for him to finish his shower. To say he was neater than me was an understatement. I had never been so embarrassed with my dorm room situation before, seeing how well-arranged and tidy everything was in his room. There was nothing that said misplaced.

I scanned his bookshelf that was stacked to the brim with a wide variety of books, admiring how he arranged them alphabetically by the author.

My eyebrow arched when I spotted a pink notebook, and I pulled it off the shelf. The sight of tiny white hearts with glitter words, Dear Diary, greeted me, and I would've laughed my ass off, thinking that Gray had one of these. But a part of me was feeling sentimental, and it fed the urge to see what was written inside.

I went through the pages, the confusion and intrigue settling in when I realized it was just filled with nonsense scribbles. I flipped through more until one page fully caught my attention.

Written in messy handwriting were words in Korean.

나는 구구 오빠 그리고 그의 아버지와 함께 한국에 간다. 좋은 휴가가 될거야.

It translated to: I'm going to South Korea with brother Gugu and his father. It's going to be a nice vacation.

It was evident from the handwriting that a child wrote this, but it was the whole Korean thing that piqued my curiosity. I didn't know Gray could speak and write in Hangul when he was younger, making no sense since he grew up between here and London.

I scanned through more pages, this time searching mindlessly for something I didn't know specifically.

I stopped at a picture that was taped to the page, grainy with faded colors. It was of a little boy and girl holding hands. The little girl was wearing a lacy dress with a big ribbon on the front, and the little boy who beamed at the camera wore a tuxedo, his hair gelled perfectly into the right places. It seemed like a regular picture, but the only unusual thing was the little girl's face that looked intentionally scratched off.