12 | Scars

Do you want to meet all my monsters?Think you're tough I know they'll drive you bonkersMeet them once and they'll forever haunt you— Darkside by Neoni

Think you're tough I know they'll drive you bonkers
Meet them once and they'll forever haunt you
— Darkside by Neoni

Do you want to meet all my monsters?Think you're tough I know they'll drive you bonkersMeet them once and they'll forever haunt you— Darkside by Neoni

I hadn't seen Gray since Saturday, and Isaac was missing too. Unable to contain my curiosity, I asked Victoria and Liam about it, and they said Gray was on a business trip in New York, while Isaac had to leave to attend a wedding in Italy. According to Liam, Isaac was royalty — a prince of Greece.

"You gotta be shitting me?" I gaped at Liam stupidly.

He chuckled. "Isaac's a real prince, and he has four older brothers."

"But don't royalties have specific etiquettes to follow when they're in public?" I asked inquisitively. "Isaac's...wild."

Victoria burst out laughing. "Babe, even if they had those, Isaac wouldn't bother."

"Isaac's a free bird," Scarlet chipped in.

"Also," Jordan added, "he's like the 37th in line."

To say I was appalled by the revelation was a total understatement because I was rendered speechless for a solid ten minutes. When I asked them if they all came from wealthy families, they all nodded. I left my curiosity at that, not wanting to stick my nose further.

Sometimes, ignorance was bliss.

"....The co-founder of Brickfields is from South Korea, and to honor him and his roots, his partner decided to follow South Korea's academic calendar. This is why our semester begins in March."

I threaded my fingers through my hair, intrigued by the history of Brickfields, but too jaded to retain any of the information shared. My international relations professor was teaching us the school's history so we could understand how a foreigner managed to influence the economy in America.

Once we were dismissed, I bolted out of the lecture hall, instantly spotting the buggy closing in my direction. It slowed as it neared the designated drop-off zone, and I slipped into the seat behind the driver as soon as it stopped.