I sit in the car, not sure how to respond to the rudeness.

Kian turns around and sticks his head in the car through the rolled down window. "I'm kidding." He says with a smile. "Come on," he says. Kian opens the door for me and I get out. I limp across the driveway as best as I can, but when I walk through the door, I feel as though my body might give out from underneath me, so I grab onto Kian's shoulder for support.

Kian and I walk through the house and he helps me sit down on the couch in the living room. "Why is it so quiet-" I begin to ask, but before I can finish , Kian yells, "DUDE WE'RE HOME!" I hear several footsteps from throughout the house and 5 guys enter the living room from various doors and hallways leading to the living room. I only recognize one of them, that person being Connor who comes in from the door leading to the driveway.

"Hey, did you pick up the-" one of them starts to say but his eyes shift to me. I realize then they are all looking at me and I begin to be self conscious, but I don't know why. "Who's this?" One of them asks, the one with a hat on and long, curly brown hair sticking out the front. He gives Kian a look only guys give their friends when they bring girls.

"Seriously , JC. Gross." Kian replies with a disgusted look on his face. "Just because I bring a girl home doesn't mean anythings going on."

"Right," JC responds sarcastically. "Because whenever you bring a girl home, nothing EVER happens."

I'm not gonna lie, that last part disappointed me a little. So nothing will EVER happen then? I guess I shouldn't be too sad. Why would I even think anything would? We just met less than an hour ago.

Kian quick looks over at me and winks while who I now know is JC looks away, taking to the other guys in the house. That's reassuring, knowing now it was just an empty statement. But actually, as I think about how JC was just talking, maybe I should keep my space for a little bit.

"What's your name?" JC asks me. He sits down on the couch next to me.

"I'm Hailey Foster." I say and smile , trying my best to make a good first impression.

"I'm JC." He replies with a smile that gives my stomach butterflies.

"What happened to your face?!" I hear. I look over at the group of guys.

"Trevor!" Kian exclaims. "What the heck!? You don't ask a girl that! Actually, no- YOU DON'T ASK ANYONE THAT."

The guy with a long face and short hair shrugs. "Sorry..." He replies to Kian, the looks at me and says with an awkward wave. "I'm Trevor Moran. Sorry about that by the way..."

I smile at Trevor. "Don't worry about it." I tell him. "It's nice to meet you."

Kian explains to the guys for me what happened. "Girl they slayed that dude for you YAS KIAN!" The guy with the long blue quiff says. I laugh at him because the way he says it sounds completely ridiculous but hilarious at the same time.
He looks over at me and smiles. "I'm Ricky Dillon."

"I'm Sam." The boy next to him says, the one who kinda has a baby face.

Immediately my mind goes, woah he's adorable, but my mouth just says "Hey." And I smile. That's the only conversation I have with them the whole day.

Kian and I end up going to his room because I complain of not feeling good. Kian carries me up baby style, me in his arms, walks into his room, and gently places me on his bed. I'm already half asleep by the time he does that. Kian reaches to the end of the bed and pulls the covers over me. His bed is incredibly comfortable and warm.

Kian kneels down by the bed in front of where my face is. "You doin okay?" He asks.

I simply smile and nod.