Chapter 3

KIAN'S POV

"Hey guys! What's up, it's Connor." Connor starts with a wave. "And today, I have with me...!"

I swing my face into the camera view like a door and do the legendary crab face that I so brilliantly pull off. "Hi guys." I say in a weird voice.

I break and start to smile and laugh. I sit down next to Connor as he explains the challenge we are doing, and I stare off into space.

The only thing that enters my mind is Hailey. She seemed so scared, and it was like she was in total panic mode. I really hope she's okay.

I feel an elbow push my shoulder. "Kian!"

"Yeah?" I snap out of it and look at Connor. He has an expression on his face that looks disappointed. "I'm sorry, Connor, I can't do this."

Connor stares at me, and then sighs. "You're thinking about Hailey, aren't you?"

"Dude, of course I am!" I tell him. "How couldn't I be, I mean did you see her? She was just, just... perfect in every way I can imagine. Her hair was soft, and her eyes had a light in them that I've never seen before. She was beautiful."

Connor nods, in agreement. "Yeah, but-"

I don't let Connor continue, I just continue to babble on about her."She was so nice, too. Like she didn't talk a whole lot, but I could just tell she was the kind of person who would never want to hurt anyone. And she seemed so afraid when she ran away this morning and I'm afraid she might get hurt. I just want her to be here and I want her to be okay."

Connor's expression softens. He waves me away with crazy flailing arms, saying, "Go call her, text her, whatever, you crazy kid in love."

I smile and quickly walk out of the room. I pull out my phone and text Hailey again.

It's Kian again. Are you okay Hailey? Please answer.

HAILEY'S POV

I'm fine Kian. My parents just don't like it when I'm out past curfew. I appreciate your concern but I'm completely fine.

Yeah...Completely fine. That's what I text Kian as I sit in my room in excruciating pain.

My thumb presses the send button. I lean my head back on the wall in my room. I need to leave. My parents won't notice, especially not with my door locked. I stand up and limp to grab a sweatshirt. My arms find their way through the sleeves and I climb out of my window again, though with difficulty.

My phone vibrates. I quickly walk around the corner of my street so that I'm out of view of the windows of my house.

Kian: That's good. So would there be any chance that I could see you again today?

I look down at myself. The cuts and bruises aren't that noticeable... Right? Right... If I say no he'll probably think something's wrong again.

I text Kian back:

Sure. I'll head over to your house now.

//||\\

I knock on the front door of Kian's house. He answers it almost immediately. He has a huge smile on his face. "Hey!" He says.

"Hey!" I say back as he pulls me into a tight hug, and I let out a squeal because I'm hurting from earlier at home. Apparently, he hears it.
He pulls away and asks, "you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm totally fine." I reply, smiling through the pain.

Kian lets me inside, and we go into his room as he babbles on and on. We sit down on the bed.

"You had me freaking out when you left so scared, I really thought something was wrong. And if there was or if there is I want you to know that you can always tell me because I promised I'd make sure you were always okay, and I meant it. So are you sure okay? I mean you have a bruise on your cheek and arm."

Crap, he noticed. "Oh yeah, I'm fine." I reply. "I just fell down the stairs when I was leaving to come here. That's just clumsy me, I guess!" Nice cover up Hailey- not. That's like the oldest trick in the book. Hopefully Kian believes me.

Kian He just laughs. I laugh along with him. "So anyways, we're having a party here tonight and I needed you to be here." Kian tells me. "You're cool with staying a little while, right?"

I smile at him. "Of course! That sounds really fun."

"Good, because I couldn't show up to my own party without a date. That'd just be embarrassing."

Date?

"Date? I'm your date?" I ask surprised.

Kian nods. "Yeah. It's a date, and I'm going to go with my date. But only if your okay with it."

"No, yeah! I mean that's totally fine, I've never actually been someone's date or been on a date before..." I admit.

"A beautiful girl like you? I don't believe you." Kian says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I giggle just about the girliest giggle there is. I've never done that before.

"That's the first time anyone's ever said that." I say while I blush.

"Well then I'm glad I got to be the first to tell you." Kian says with a kind smile. I smile back and lean my head on his shoulder.

How can all these feelings arouse in one day? I doesn't seem possible, but it's true. When I'm with him, even though it hasn't been for much time, I forget about my home life and I actually feel wanted. I can't do anything to mess our friendship up, because if I loose him I don't know what I'll do.

<--------->
Sorry I've been updating SO much, I'm on spring break so I have a lot of free time😂 thanks again for reading😊