I laugh. "Yeah, tell me about it." I see movement behind him and my eyes shift their focus. "Hey, is that your friend?" I ask, pointing toward the brown eyed, blonde/blue haired boy seemingly looking around for someone.

Connor looks behind him and smiles. "Yep!" He says, then yells at his friend, "Hey Kian! Over here!" The boy makes eye contact, runs over to us and smiles at me.

"Hey, I'm Kian." he introduces, sounding a little winded from fighting the man who attacked me. He then lowers his voice, and strikes a pose to make him seem manlier. "You may recognize me as the person who kicked some-"

I cringe. "Please don't swear!" I quickly request before he can say the word.

"Oh, sorry. Uh, the person who kicked some BUTT back there and saved your life. You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine I guess. My name's Hailey, by the way. Thanks for helping me. I don't know what I would've done without you guys."

"No problem." Kian says. "So... Wanna leave the crime scene?"

"Won't the police need us for questioning or whatever?" I ask.

Kian waves his hand as if to say 'that doesn't matter'. "I cleared it up with the police, their cool with it." Kian replies.

"I'm fine with leaving then, but you'll have to do me a favor."

"What is it?" Connor asks as he helps me up from the car and let's me use him as a human crutch.

"Y'all gotta find this girl some food because being mugged sure does work up an appetite."

Connor smiles. "Yeah, of course. We'll find someplace. McDonalds cool?"

I've heard of McDonalds, but, unlike all of the human population I'm sure, because my parents hardly feed me, I've never actually eaten there.

Despite that, I just answer, "Sounds good to me." Kian and Connor smile and me and we start walking away. As we begin to turn a corner, I look behind me to see the man who tried to kill me struggling to get out of the policemen's hold, and then being shoved into a squad car.

I can't help but feel sorry for him, no matter what he tried to do to me.

Kian and Connor continue walking, so I have no choice but to keep walking, too.

///---\\\

I lean my head back and relax as best I can while we're in Connor's car driving to McDonalds.

"I'll buy you a new phone." Kian offers. "I've got the money."

"Thank you," I reply. " That's really nice of you to do something like that for a stranger."

Kian turns around and looks at me from the passenger seat. "I have a feeling you won't be a stranger for long." He winks at me, and I can feel my face turn bright red.

We arrive at the McDonald's drive through a few seconds later and Connor starts to order us all a cheeseburger meal. We drive up, and get our food. The smell immediately enters my nose and I inhale all I can. I can only imagine what other delicious foods they must be cooking up in there to make such a good scent.

I nibble on the fries on our way to what I assume is either Kian or Connor's house, mainly to make sure they don't engage me in conversation. I don't really want to talk all that much after that.

A little while later, Connor pulls up into a driveway with a large house in front of it.

"Get out."Kian rudely says to me as he opens the car door and hops out, slamming the door behind him .