Chanced Encounter?

Começar do início

"I dropped by to see if you were done with your interview or not." Her words shocked me. It's been eons since I recieved so much love and care from anyone. My eyes were stinging with the upcoming tears. I felt like I got a family in her. I didn't think much and gave her a hug. She was taken at first but at the end she hugged me back as well. It felt warm.

"Do you want ice cream?" I was in shock. How did she know that I was craving for one?

"How did you-?"

"Motherly instincts are second nature for me." She winked at me. To be honest, she was such a cool queen. I still don't understand how did such a cool and happening queen have such a grumpy old prince.

"Driver take us to the nearest mall. I would like to treat Sunaina with an ice-cream." I smiled at her words. On our way, I started telling her about my whole interview and she seemed to be very proud of me. We both went to the nearest mall and chatted our way to the icecream parlour.

Arjun's POV

I was enjoying watching Sunaina's movements from afar. There was something in her that reminded me of my happy times with Mansi. I was smiling when I watched her almost jumping towards the icecream parlour. Note to self that she loves ice-cream a lot. Wait! Why am I keeping tabs on her again? I was confused more than ever. I shook my head to get rid of this feeling. I was about to return to my desk when I found her walking towards Karan Singhania. This young CEO is just 2 years younger to me. He took responsibility of Singhania industries just a month ago and it has already improved by leaps and bounds. People say, this guy isn't the real heir to the Singhania industries. How does it matter though? What matters is that we have just signed in a contract of partnership a few hours ago. To think that this girl is talking to him. I saw Karan giving Sunaina his business card. A surge of jealousy was flowing underneath mine. What is wrong with me? Why am I being so bothered by a girl I just met a few days ago? I don't get it honestly. After a few exchanges, I saw Karan leave and I found Sunaina standing there as if the time has paused for her. The next moment I saw her getting inside Maa's car. To be honest, I have never seen my mother so happy around anyone. Maybe she needed someone like her to dote on. As long as she doesn't betray us. I looked at the car thoughtfully as it disappeared out of my sight. Was it really okay for me to enjoy all this? I don't understand these new feelings of mine. Keeping aside these thoughts, I went back to my seat. Now is not the time to slack off. I have a lot of things that are yet to be done. Without further ado, I started checking on all the projects that I was supervising. It was hard for me to keep a track of them all but I had to do it for the sake of my company.

It took me four hours to finish with all the files. I looked outside to realise that the sun has already settled down. The vermillion hue has spread all over the sky as if showering over the whole place a tinge of happiness. It calmed me down and made me happy. I was packing my things and was about to go out when I heard a scream outside. It was Mr Bharadwaj. What happened? A chill ran down through my spine. I immediately ran out to see what's wrong only to find him sitting on the floor. Horror written on his face. I sat beside him immediately and held him to give him support.

"Mr Bharadwaj! What's wrong?" I could see panic in his eyes and I wasn't liking it. He pointed at something in front of him and I turned around to see my door. It was painted in red. Probably blood.

This is just the beginning,
There will be more!
I assure you that your doom is near,
I will kill you for sure.

I was shocked. Who had the guts to write something like that in front of my door? What was the security doing? I felt anger rushing through me.