♥️ 92. You won't be around to find out♥️

Klaus and I are back in the Cauldron, and he's been calling Marcel nonstop. I honestly told him to just please leave the poor man alone, but no, Klaus doesn't understand those words. "Ah, you've deigned to break your despair long enough to pick up the phone." I hear Klaus say as Marcel finally answers his phone.

"I figured you'd just keep calling."

"I'm in the Cauldron now, with Maddison. You could meet us here, we could start burning passersby at the stake."

"Sorry. I'm gonna chase down my own lead."

"And where might that be? The bottom of a bottle of scotch?" I chuckle at the hybrid and smirks at me.

"I'm at Sophie Deveraux's place. I figured I'll sit here and drink 'til she shows."

"Or, you could snap out of this funk and come and help us end this." Marcel hangs up the phone and Klaus groans. "This attitude of his will not go unpunished."

"Nik for the last millionth time, Marcel is grieving, leave the damn man alone!" I shout as we look at the dead vampires and I rubbed my temples.

"I'm sorry love, but I don't understand those words." I playfully roll my eyes at the hybrid and he walks closer to me. "Why can't we be together again? I know I messed but, we promised to talk things through."

"Maybe I'm just tired of talking and being the only one listening. I tried doing it the easy way with you Nik, I mean you killed a child and expect me to forgive you that easily? Life doesn't work that way, besides what happened to you saying that you'll wait for me?"

Before he could answer a drunk Sophie comes stumbling around with her a bottle of liquor as she approaches Klaus and I in the alley in the Cauldron. "Big, bad Klaus Mikaelson, and sexy, bad Maddison Pierce."

"Well, I can't get mad at that." I smile at witch, then chuckle at her drunkness.

"Sophie. Just the witch I was looking to brutalize." He speed vamps toward Sophie and grabs her in a choke-hold. "Perhaps you could explain the attacks on my men."

"What a-are you talking a-about!?" Sophie groans out in pain and I remove Nik hand from her throat.

"How can she talk when your hand is around her neck?" I snapped at the hybrid and he rolled his eyes. I do the same before looking back at Sophie. "Follow us." We walk her over to the dead vampires. "We need to know who did this and we need to know now so that we can put their head on a stick."

Nik smiles at me and wrap his arm around my shoulder. "You know love...I just love when you make such threats."

I remove his arm and kneels down next to the dead vampires along with Sophie. "You and him still aren't together?"

"Nope, now focus." I mumbled.

She examines the abandoned desiccated vampires. "Well, It's a complex spell. Old-school stuff, rooted in sacrificial magic. Whoever did this to your guys, my guess is they were an offering to gain more power. More guys they kill, more power they have."

Klaus' phone rings, and he looks at me then ignores it. "So which one of your pathetic little witches do I have to kill? Honestly love, I wouldn't mind killing them all."

"That's the thing, I have no idea who could have done this, all the elders are dead." Sophie grabs her bottle and takes a sip out of it. Klaus phone then goes off again but he still ignores it.

I stand up and walk over to him. "So, who's that?" I asked and he chuckles to himself.

"Why? Afraid that I have already moved on?" He laughs and I roll my eyes as it rings again.