♥️ 82. Father of the year♥️

It was the next day and I just finished getting dressed. Nik wasn't in bed and I was kinda confused on why not. He got his home, he got the town, but yet he's still not in the bed with his girlfriend. As I slipped on my jacket {Outfit Above} I hear a lot of movements downstairs, as if people were taking their seats so I walk down to see what's going on.

When I get to the bottom of the staircase I see that Klaus has set up a dinner table in the courtyard. This must be to celebrate his return to leadership over New Orleans and his repossession of the Abbatoir compound from Marcel.

The vampire army, including Marcel and his closest friends, are seated around the table, and Klaus and Hayley are seated at each end. Klaus then calls for everyone's attention to give a speech by tapping his glass with his fork. "What the hell is happening?" I asked as I cross my arms.

"Just in time love, please have a seat next to the little wolf." I look over at Hayley and she roll her eyes as if she doesn't want to be here and I chuckle as I take a seat next to her. "Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for it's beauties and it's sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine." Klaus gestures toward a group of waiters and waitresses to have them join us at the table, one for each guest. "Insatiable need, exquisite pain..." The servants slit their wrists with knives, filling the cups with blood for all of us vampires. "Our victories, and our defeats." He looks at Marcel and raises his glass in a toast to the others. "...To my city, my girl, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow..."

Marcel then lifts his glass. "...and the party never end!" Marcel looks over at Diego and he raises his glass as well.

Something isn't right...if Marcel is from Klaus sire line, then he isn't going to give up without a fight.

"To New Orleans." Diego says with his glass raised high.

"To New Orleans!" Klaus and everyone else in the room chants besides me and Hayley. Everyone at the table drinks except for Hayley. Even I had a drink but I'm going to need something a bit stronger.

As I'm trying to figure out what Marcel is up to, Nik starts to talk again. "I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires."

"What about them?" Diego ask as he points to Hayley and I at the far end of the table. "The wolf, and the vampire you care so deeply for."

"Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." He walks over to the other end of the table where Hayley and I sit. "As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child, but the child is indeed for me and Maddison." He looks down at me. "Would you like to explain?"

I roll my eyes and look around the table. "To make a long story short, I was pregnant 500 years ago, I turned into a vampire, I thought it died but it didn't. So fast forward to a few years ago, I found out that the baby was still inside of my tum alive and ready to pop. So, I was dying, decided to become an Original, had a friend place my baby inside of my beautiful adoptive daughter and here we are. So yes, the baby is for me and Nik, I just couldn't handle her so Hayley agreed to be a surrogate." I feel like that was still a long story but at least I didn't go into detail.

"Now that we all understand that. Consequently, I trust you will all pay both of them the appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of our child to create hybrids. I assure you I do not."