𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑

Start from the beginning

Remus grabbed Callisto's arm and before she knew it, she was standing in the middle of a duel.
Curses and defensive spells were thrown at the speed of light, her mind struggling to keep up with every single noise and movement. The grip on her wand was tight as she fired one defensive spell after the other, the silver shield guarding herself and Sirius from one of Avery's curses. She had really tried to play nice, but when she heard Amycus Carrow firing the killing curse at Lily, it became clear that this wasn't a petty duel that would be forgotten in a week. 

She hadn't noticed Remus' eyes snapping to her direction the moment the bright green light erupted from Amycus' wand, or the life being drained from them as he saw her scared face illuminated by the curse. Lily had ducked just on time, the curse hitting the wall behind her with incredible force. The redhead stayed on the ground, breathing heavily and refusing to look up, the sheer realization that she could have been killed in cold blood setting deep in her veins. Amycus Carrow was just 17, he was a kid according to her mother's beliefs, and yet, he hadn't hesitated to kill her.

"THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND, YOU FREAK!" James shouted, a series of curses being thrown Amycus' direction. If it hadn't been for Sirius deflecting one of Alecto's curses at the last moment, James wouldn't have managed to continue fighting. "STUPEFY!"

Sirius fired a curse immediately after, making Amycus stumble back, James' fierce repelling charm pushing the man roughly against the wall, just as he was about to fire back. The laugh that escaped Sirius Black's lips was met by James' triumphant grin.

"Nice one, James!"

"Lily, get up." Callisto urged her, putting up a protective charm around them. "You need to get up, okay? Fuck, Lily please get up..."

The girl nodded, standing up with Callisto's help. There were tears glistening in her eyes, but there was only so much time Callisto could make for them. The two girls looked at each other and separated, anger and fear blinding them.

There was no use in playing nice, not when they were trying to straight up murder them. It was clear to Callisto now, and for once in her life, she was thankful for Igor Karkaroff's teaching. The man hadn't taught them how to jinx or disarm, but he had taught them how to curse. He had taught them how to injure, and kill.

"DIFFINDO!" She cried out, the spell hitting Alecto on the knees. The girl immediately fell on the floor, a cry of pain erupting from her lips as blood started to ooze out of the deep wounds. The scream got louder as Callisto sent a precise severing curse on the palm of her dominant hand, making her drop the wand in pain.

"CRUCIO!" Avery shouted, his wand aiming straight at Remus. Callisto pushed him to the side at the last minute, only that there was nobody to do the same for her. She fell on the floor, a blood-curdling scream leaving her lips as the spell hit her. The pain was so intense, she could feel every cell of her body getting lit up on fire as every thought in her mind disappeared. The pain was too much for her to think of anything. She had forgotten where she was, the only thing that felt real being the pain erupting deep in her chest and spreading to her legs and arms.

And then it all just stopped. She knew it had stopped, but her mind didn't seem to grasp it. She was still convulsing violently on the floor, an arm grabbing her waist to lift her up before she accidentally smashed her head on the hard floor.

"Listo, please open your eyes." A familiar voice pleaded. The flashing lights were too much for her, but she slightly opened her eyes, meeting Remus' warm brown ones. "It's okay, love, I've got you."

"BOMBARDA MAXIMA!" Lily yelled, her wand pointing at the statues behind the Slytherins. Immediately, they exploded loudly, dust mixed with marble filling the air as they collapsed on Alecto, Amycus and Avery. "RUN!"