Chapter 7: why did we turned out like this?

Start from the beginning

"Don't lie!" Jimin said in a cracked voice, "he's my son. I know It. You can't hide it from me, Jungkook. I want a DNA test."

"You're pathetic, Jimin! He's not yours! He's my son, mine... So don't you dare ask for a DNA test, because I'm clearly telling you right now, don't get your hopes up. He's not yours."

"Fuck! Then why wouldn't you let me do it, kookie-ah? I don't care whether the results tell me he's not mine, but I at least need to confirm."

"You already said good bye!" Jungkook huffed, the frustration circling and radiating off him was evident. Jimin is so fucking stubborn. "Do me a favour, and keep your promise at the very least. At least, keep that promise. That's the only promise you can fulfil to make up for all the lies and pain you've fed me."

"No." Jimin shook his head, still refusing everything that pain staked his heart; he'll endure. He'll break that promise no matter how Jungkook beg, because breaking that promise meant fulfilling his own promise in the past, a complete family of his own. "No, if you really believe that he's not mine then, do the test."

"Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall, nothing's ever going to come through you." Jungkook said, before finally deciding to leave, but Jimin's not letting him.

"You always do this, every time I ask for you and I to talk, you leave."

"And you didn't?"

"Stop throwing the past back at me, Jungkook! Yes, I left! But that's why I'm here standing right in front of you, because I regret leaving. I want everything back, that's why this time around, I'm not leaving."

"Fuck you, you know that?"

"You can curse me and I'll fucking bear with what I hear, but I have the right to know my son. I won't stop until you tell me the damn truth I'm deprived of."

His far stretched out patience and empathy were barely hanging by a thread, each words being thrown inflicted more stress and pressure at the said thread, slowly losing its strength as each fibre starts to break down from the induced force and such. With the given variables at hand, the thread had snapped. His patience and empathy being drowned by anger and fury at the stubbornness of the man in front of him and spouting such incredulous words, that was the moment that he had lost control. Strong emotions spiralled and overtook his body, releasing the pent up frustration he had over the years of carrying the burden alone.

And it didn't felt like it was his own body anymore, like it has a life of its own built by the thundering emotions he had felt, because right at the moment his hand had landed on Jimin's cheek at its own will. Like it had done something before it could even register in his mind.

"Right?" Jungkook had uttered, the word left his mouth with such disbelief, clearly mocking what Jimin had said. "Don't make me laugh, Park Jimin. You think you have what you call 'right'? Stop throwing nothing at me." He had told with such danger laced in his voice. "You fucking lost that right the moment you left me that night! You fucking lost that right when you left me pregnant and alone as I wonder; how could I get through this? You fucking lost that right when I was there outside the doctors thinking whether I should even continue or have an abortion because I can't fucking do it alone. So don't you dare speak up to me with the right you're talking about because you have none!"

Suddenly, the hardest yet most rewarding time of Jungkook's life had flashed back to him. It was the times where he had shed the most tears, especially the moment he found out that there was life growing inside of him. The first thought that pondered on his mind was, "could I do this?" because, right at that moment, he was alone. He was alone when he needed somebody the most. He was left alone by the person that he loved the most when he needed him right in his life – right in their baby's life.