how to keep a hostage

Start from the beginning

She took a deep breath and walked into the rest of the forest, looking for a permanent source of water. The basic things she needed to survive were water, shelter and food. She would have to do a lot of digging on the forest floor for food. She was trying to avoid the bug that kept reminding her that she might have to build her own shelter.

The water problem was already bothering her. It also reminded her of the morning fog. It was poisonous in a way she didn't know because the idiot had refused to tell her. For all she knew, the fog could have condensed to form water in any part of the forest. She wasn't sure whether or not it was all poisonous.

But what really made her mind jumbled was that if the fog were indeed poisonous, how was the wolf still alive? Was he plotting his own death? She silently prayed he had stayed long enough to die quicker.

As she went on, she found water on large leaves, in small hollows in the roots of the trees and small paddles on the ground.

Meanwhile, Mr. wolf turned back to the small fire when she was a good distance away. He guarded the small thing closely in case it dared to spread. People who regularly dealt with fire weren't people to play around with. The only regular fire users he knew of were those that every beastman knew; those of the temples.

Every beastman knew that they shouldn't mess with them. Exceedingly powerful beastmen were cultivated in those temples. Among them were rarely seen forms of beastmen, some were never seen before. Wherever they came from or how the temples found them, no one knew. 'just like Xiao Hēi' he thought.

He flexed his muscles and watched the fire more closely. Rumors said that just three of them are enough to do away with an entire tribe of beastmen. There were missing tribes that only became legends. Some said that they had to maintain their beast form to survive but who couldn't tell a beastman from and ordinary animal.

Even just their scent was enough to give them away. Apparently those tribes were hunted down to the very last of their species and destroyed, none survived. All that was left of those tribes were their animal counterparts to tell the tale of the possibility of their existence.

But ordinary beastmen didn't know that kind of information. And those who knew weren't sure of what they heard because they couldn't possibly explain it. Other news had gone around more popularly, that those tribes had gone extinct because they failed to reproduce.

Mr. Wolf, himself, didn't know which tribes they were. He had never heard of an extinct race. There was only an impression that some must be missing because if he could turn human, why couldn't some? But even with that impression, he still didn't want his tribe to go extinct like the alleged others. Maybe in future he would try to sneak into the tribe to see if there were any cubs after winter.

What would he do if he found they were too few? The question occurred to him and his brain was blank. His eyes trailed back to the fire. Xiao Hēi.

Xiao Hēi could be a regular fire user. He could see it in her villainous eyes. There was definitely something wicked about her. Good things never come out of people that could use fire freely and regularly.

When Denise finally found her way back to her fire, she found that it was already cold. The firewood and leaves looked smashed and scattered around. She could clearly tell that the stupid wolf had put out her fire.

Cursing him in her head, she squatted to check on the potato. It was still relatively warm. She peeled away the leaf to reveal a nicely yellow sweet potato. It was soft and slightly over cooked but still looked edible. Whatever the wolf had been on, he seemed to have done her a favor.

She had walked for what she felt was miles and still didn't come across any waterbody. She had decided to collect what she could when it rained. That thought created an even bigger problem for her. Building a hygienic storage facility was something she would have never imagined doing.

She had also tasted the water she found on the leaves. She said to herself that if she died, she'd at least wake from whatever nightmare she was living. And if she happened to meet God on the way, she'd ask him why her assignment was suddenly changed.

The poison hadn't killed her yet so she was hoping it wasn't one of those slow acting poisons. From what little she got from the selfish wolf, the fog must be some sort of instant killer. Either way, her water problem was partly solved. Food was also partly solved. What about shelter?

She thought of the stupid wolf and his cave. She had walked for miles and not come across a single cave. She was already hustling for food and water. Could he not at least keep her in a confined space?

She suddenly felt an urge to see the wolf. She needed to teach him how to properly keep a hostage.

A/N; I've been out of it for so long. I'm going to write until I get tired so brace yourselves. I've done some editing on the previous chapters and only Heaven knows how you guys were able to read them. Fvc! I really hate vocabulary and grammatical errors especially in my work. I got so angry along the way. I was wondering how you guys could compliment my writing when it was so terrible. It's not a masterpiece now, but better than worse.

I have put up a CREATIVE COMMONS COPYRIGHT © on my book. Please please inform me when you use my work in anyway and please give credit.

Note; friendly reminder. Please add this book to your library so that you can get notifications on updates. Or you can show your support by tapping that star (it means a lot to me, I could cry) tysm. kisses-muah!