Chap 10

Alexis' POV

So a month and a half had passed and I just finished my last class. I grabbed my books and put them in my backpack. "I'll see you Monday, Ashley," I sighed. "I'm going to go home and finish some of this week over the weekend."

"I know right," Ashley added. "I'll see you Monday."

"Bye," I said slinging the backpack over my right shoulder. "Bye." I walked out of the building looking though my backpack for the keys. "Where the feathers are my keys?" I found my keys. I looked up and saw Blake. "Blake." I smiled. I dropped my backpack and ran up to him. He picked me up and I straddled him. We were just hugging there in the parking lot at my car. "I can't believe you're here."

"I love you," Blake whispered.

"I love you too," I smiled hugging him. He put me down and we shared a kiss. "I'm so glad you're here."

"Me too," Blake replied.

"Hey, can we go somewhere and eat?" I asked. "I'm a little hungry."

"Yeah," Blake said. He walked over to my backpack and picked it up. We put it in my car. "Let's go eat at your college campus cafeteria."

"Okay," I said grabbing my phone from my backpack. I locked my car. "Come on." Blake and I walked hand in hand to the campus center. We walked to the resturants. "I'm not sure what I want."

"Well, you got chicken, sandwhich, or pizza," Blake smiled. He whispered in my ear, "Why's everyone staring?"

"Because you're you," I smiled. I finally made a decision and got a chicken sandwich and fries. Blake agreed to share the fries with me. I was about to pay but Blake stopped me. "I need to pay in order to eat."

"I got it," Blake smiled. He paid and we found a place to sit. Blake pulled my chair out for me and pushed me in. Blake sat across from me. "Seriously, Alexis, why are people staring?"

"Because you're a gentleman," I smiled. "And a sweetheart. I love that about you." I looked at people. "Blake, there are barely any guys out there like you. Every girl wants a man like you."

"Please," Blake looked at me.

"It's true, Blake," I replied. "I'm just lucky to be the girl you chose." I sighed. "I spent the past month and a half wondering when I'll get to see you again and then you surprise me at my car here on campus."

"Alexis, we've been together since the day after your birthday, July the eighteenth," Blake sighed. "So have Drew and TC with Ericka and Brittany so they share the same anniversary but that's a different story."

"You know you tend to ramble when you're nervous?" I asked, smiling.

"Sometimes, I'm not really good at talking," Blake replied. "Uhm, let me figure out how to say this and before you say anything, I am not breaking up with you."

"Blake, sometimes you don't make sense but if you say what you need to say, I can try to make it understandable," I sighed. "It's all about body language and the tone you use when you talk."

"You're seriously going to be a great detective one day," Bake smiled. "I'm so proud of how far you've come." I smiled. "Okay. I think I know how I'm going to say this. Alexis, you've known me since June 22, 2012 and we met March 29, 2014. It took me over a year to ask you out."

"What happened over a year ago?" I asked. "Back in Dallas?"

"I couldn't get it out of me then but I was hoping you could connect the dots after I sang to you," Blake sighed. "Then, ten months after that, I showed up at your place." Blake looked me in the eye. "It took me those ten months to just ask you to be mine. Now, here we are. I never would never move this fast with anyone but I know where my heart and soul lies." He got down on one knee. I smiled as I could feel everyone watching us. He got out a black velvet box and opened it. I brought my right hand up to my mouth. "Now, it's all on you, Alexis." He smiled. "Will you marry me?"