Chap 8

Britt's POV

The boys van pulled out of the yard and Alexis walked inside. "Well, I didn't think it was going to happen that fast," I said.

"Time to start rebuilding," Ericka replied. "Come on." We walked inside and Alexis was on her bed cuddling with one of Blake's sports coat. "Is that his sports coat?"

"I think he forgot it," Alexis sighed. "This just makes it even worse." I sighed. "Leaving his clothing. I know he's not coming back for a while."

"Hey, Alexis," I replied.

"I don't think one of your super awesome ideas is going to get me out of this, Britt," Alexis said getting up. "He's gone. There's nothing we can do about it."

"Maybe not but I was thinking we can go shopping in Atlanta," Ericka replied. "I understand it's only a nine hour drive. So, let's go."

"You really wanna drive nine hours with me in the backseat crying my eyes out?" Alexis asked.

"Ericka and I are already packed," I replied. "Come on. It'll be fun."

"And we'll do something even better on Satuday," Ericka replied. "Come on. Have fun with me while I'm here."

"Oh, alright," Alexis replied. "Let's go."

"We'll help pack," I smiled. We packed Alexis' small suitcase for her and she laid her laptop on the top and put Blake's sports coat on top of her laptop and closed the suitcase. "Let's go." We got into my Nissan Versa and I started driving. "Feeling better yet?"

"Not really," Alexis sighed. "Can we stop by the convienent store and buy some ice cream?" She got out her wallet. "I can really use a big tub of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream."

"You're not eating your feelings," Ericka replied. "But we can stop at Braums and get you a cone."

"That'll be fine too," Alexis sighed.

We stopped at Braums. I ordered mine and Ericka's but I forgot what Alexis wanted. "Hey, what did you want again?" I asked.

"Triple dip cookie dough ice cream," Alexis replied.

Ericka and I looked at each other. "One single dip cookie dough ice cream," I said. We got our order and hit the road. "Here."

"I said tripled," Alexis pouted eating her ice cream.

"No," I replied. "Ericka and I are not letting you eat your feelings just yet woman."

"Fine," Alexis said getting out her laptop. She did looked at her phone first. "Okay. Let's see if he's on skype."

"Who, Blake?" I asked.

"Yeah," she sighed. "Who else?"

"No, you're not telling him we're going to Atlanta," Ericka stated. "This is a girls day that Brittany and I planned. So don't ruin it."

"Fine," Alexis replied closing her laptop. "What do you expect me to do while we are on the road?"

"Listen to your music, work on your work in progress video, or write a fanfic," I stated. "Just do something to pass the time, you know? It's like our drive to Austin."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Alexis replied. Her phone rang. "It's Blake."

"Do not tell him we're going to Atlanta," Ericka stated.

"Okay," Alexis sighed. She picked up. "Hey bae."

"What are we going to do with her?" I asked.

"I don't know. I honestly don't know," Ericka sighed. "She's spent more time with him the past two days than she has with him in the past year."