C H A P T E R 39

Beginne am Anfang

Mason snatched the remote control and shut the noisy thing off, throwing her angry stares. "He's trying to talk, Vittoria."

"Well, I don't want to." She snapped, boring a hole through me with her heated glare. "Go and take care of your sister. I'm good by myself."

"Vittoria!" Allegra warned, causing her to shut up.

Does she have any idea how much those words hurt me. I felt like my heart was being carved out of my chest, leaving an empty space inside me.

But if that's how she thought about me, then I believe there's no need for me to say anything whatsoever.

"Fuck it." I spat, dashing out through the door.

"Oliver! Wait!" Allegra grabbed my arm in an attempt to stop me.

"Let go." I shrugged it away, my hand reaching out to open the car door.

"No! Wait, Oliver." She jumped before me with her arms stretched wide, acting as a barrier between me and my car.

"Come on, Oliver! Not you too." She sighed.

"Move! I'm not in a mood to argue with you."

"Neither am I." She crossed her arms over her chest. "You can't drive like this. What if you kill someone on the road?"

Women are so stubborn!

"It was so damn easy for her to say that." I slammed my palm over the roof.

"She doesn't mean it. Like you didn't mean to hurt her." She placed her palms over my heaving chest.

I was too close to her. I don't understand how I always get so close to her without even knowing it. But this time I didn't step back. I instead focused on the much needed warmth of her hand.

"Mason must be giving her a nice scolding right now."

"I don't think so."

She huffed, her hot breath tackling my neck. "He was sorry for what he said to you. That dork was asking me how to go and apologize to you." She rolled her eyes.

"I would've done the same thing if it was the other way around." I said, desperately trying to make her believe me.

"Of course, there's no doubt in it." She smiled.

"Then why is she behaving this way? I didn't do that when I had to share her with Mason."

"Oliver!" Her right hand moved to my arm, rubbing it soothingly. "Try to look at it from her point of view. When she had Mason, she had him all to herself. Then Rafael! He belonged to just her. He as well as everyone. She has never learned to share people with anyone and then one day boom! Someone appears out of the blue and she has to share every single person she loves. It's difficult, Oliver."

"I'm trying, Alle, I really am."

"What did you say?" Her eyes pitched down and a shy shade of red rose up her face.

Alle. I called her Alle. Like old times.

"I- was saying that..uh...you're right."

Stupid Oliver! What are you, seventeen?

"Yeah." She gulped, looking here and there. "Just give it some time."

"I should get going. Good night."

She moved aside, allowing me to slip into my car.

"She'll be home tomorrow morning. Don't worry, I'll talk to her. She can't stay mad at you forever. She loves you."