C H A P T E R 37

Começar do início

That meant she knew.

A big ass fuck!

I slammed the telephone reciever down, the poor thing close to splintering into pieces

"The nasty CEO?" Liam remarked.

"Was that a trick question?" I muttered bitterly before arranging the report in a file and heading to Oliver's office. Thankfully, I found him in the corridor, saving me the five minute walk.

"Mr Rivera!" I looked like a penguin running in heels. "Can you please go through this report?"

"Is it urgent?" He spoke hastily, taking long strides while I ran next to him, struggling to keep up with him.

"You boss sounded like he wouldn't be able to poop if he didn't see this report now. Now it's up to you to assess the urgency."

He stopped. I stopped. He glared at me. I smiled at him.

"In that case," He stretched his hand out, skimming through the contents. "This." He tapped a finger on a figure. "A small typo with the discount rate. Correct it, and all's good."

"Oka-"

My jaw dropped open and I blinked several times to make sure the girl sashaying from the elevator was really her.

"The fuck! Camila?" I whispered.

"What?" Oliver creased his brows the haze of confusion clearing when his gaze followed my line of vision.

"Hello dear brother." She smiled widely, throwing her arms around Oliver.

Her bright red curls were straightened and an ornate platinum piece hung around her neck. Her dress, her heels, her bag, everything screamed money. But that wasn't the subject of all the whispers and gossips going around currently.

It was the diamond on her finger.

There she was. The CEO's no longer secret fiancée.

I felt the familiar unwelcoming feeling hit me like a brick. All eyes were on me, silently wondering what their boss saw in me, as if taunting me for my audacity to even think about competing with someone like her.

"What are you doing here, Camila? It's not safe here. You know what I'm talking about." Oliver scolded her.

"I'm not alone." She smiled, pointing at Travis standing at the entrance of the lobby.

Yet another round of insulting stares were thrown my way. Look at her! Everything she had, everything she did not deserve is rightfully snatched away from her. They were all laughing at me.

"I'll go meet Rafael. Bye."

She disappeared upstairs while I marched to the stationary section, my eyes not finding the courage to meet anyone's gaze.