"They've done her way more damage than we know. She's always like that. She won't show her fear." Mason rubbed his exhausted eyes.

I even suggested her to talk to someone professional. What happened to her was traumatic. But she refused.

"Luca still doesn't know that she's your sister, right?"

"No."

He exhaled a relieved breath. "As much as we hate to admit, he's a threat to us. We should be afraid of him. This entire ordeal was planned by Luca. It was his mind."

Nothing he said was a lie. What bugs me is the fact that Luca is still extremely silent about Alvaro's death. There were a great lot of thoughts running in my mind. Amongst them, a certain someone kept making unnecessary appearances.

"I suggest you beware of that woman. She's selfish. She's probably using you for her benefit." My fingers tightened over the steering.

I expected some defensive curses come hurling my way but what I surprisingly heard was a laughter. "Chill man! We're just good friends."

"I didn't mean it like that." I replied before he even completed.

"I saw the way you were staring while we said goodbye." He smirked.

Did he just smirk? He has no problem at all?

"Mason are you gay?" I blurted.

"I'm very much straight. But don't worry, she does that to men. She's really very beautiful." He said between his cranky chuckle.

"Stop laughing." I scowled, taking a rough turn. "You didn't even like me a few hours back."

"I still don't." He retorted, still smiling like an idiot.

"You're quite a character, you know." I remarked.

"Why so?" He asked, amused.

"One second you want to kill all of us, then you act like you're all cool and the next moment you tease me with some girl like you're my bro in high school."

"Your issue. Deal with it." He shrugged.

I guess I can safely blame him for the way Vittoria is – extremely moody, stubborn and outspoken. Oh and a little undisciplined.

"You've trained her well. You'd be proud of her if you saw her kick those fucking bastards' asses." He praised genuinely.

"Trust me it was a task. But I couldn't have her safety dependent on alarm clocks."

"Alarm clocks?" He creased his brows.

Then I narrated the entire incident about how she accidentally killed a man with an alarm clock. Out of all the things, what he found the most amusing was,

"Are you really, like seriously telling me kiddo and alarm clock coexisted?" He tapped his palm on the dashboard for emphasis.

"She rebelled by breaking each one of them. But I kept replacing. If she is stubborn then so am I."

"Oh man! Who won?"

"Me." I declared proudly. "I had her wake up at five every morning for two months of her training and controlled her diet as well."

"You kept her away from pizza?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Uh huh. Her body lacked all the vitals.

"One more word, and I'll be in tears. I'm gonna need your autograph, Mr Rivera."

As dramatic as muffin.

"Tell me, Mason. Tell me how she was like as a kid?" A small smile broke over my lips recollecting her old photographs. If only things were different. She would grow up along with us, like Camila.