Chapter 10

P.o.v: Bruce

Last night was an unexpected incident, The Joker attempted to rob rich socialites at a fundraiser, I doubt he did it for the money, that's not really his style, I suspect it was a distraction for a more nefarious plot, but now he's back in Arkham where he belongs, and I doubt he'll be getting out anytime soon...

Currently I was analyzing the security footage from the firehouse,
Spider-Man had easily taken care of the goons, and only had minor trouble with Harley, while his fighting style was unorthodox... I could help but admire it's effectiveness, what
Spider-Man lacks in discipline, he makes up for in power and reactiveness, as if being directed by a sort of hyper awareness that alerts him to danger, I'll have to make a note of that.

Soon I was interrupted by an unexpected visitor... scratch that, visitors, apparently word traveled fast about batman's supposedly new sidekick, and evidently my sons had heard about it

Dick: "hey Bruce, replace Damien already?"

Dick nodded towards the screen of the bat-computer where the security footage played on a loop.

Jason: "looks like you got tired of the Robin theme too, that's good, I thought it was getting stale anyways..."

Bruce: "..."

Tim: "who's he supposed to be anyways?, is that I spider on his chest?..."

Just as I was about to answer,
Spider-Man exited the bat-elevator In full costume, walking over to me, completely oblivious to the apparent company.

Spider-Man: "hey Bruce, I've uh... been doing some thinking about last night, I think I may have been a little too rough with those goons... especially Harley, I did kinda slammed her face into a brick wall... more than a little rude if you ask me-..."

Suddenly he had noticed the 3 former Robins in the cave.

P.o.v: (Y/n)...

Well shit... I honestly wasn't expecting this... I mean I should have, considering that batman having a new partner would be front page news almost nation wide, than again, he goes through sidekicks like Alfred goes through cups of tea.

Spider-Man: "uhhhh..... hi?, shit uh... I wasn't expecting you guys so soon, wish I had time to prepare...."

I chuckled nervously and scratched the back of my neck

Dick: "so, batman told you about his other sidekicks and you joined up with him anyways?"

Spidey: "well I-"

Jason: "did he tell you how I was brutally murdered?"

Spidey: "you see its actually kinda complica-..."

Tim: "or how Barbra got paralyzed from the waist down?"

Spidey: "about that-..."

Dick: "or all the torture we endured for him?"

I was getting sick of being interrupted, so I did the one thing I knew would shut them up long enough for me to get a god damn word in, I removed my mask.

And as I expected, they shut right up looking dumbfounded and bewildered.

(Y/n): "YES, I'm training under the guidance of batman, YES, I'm aware of your pain and hardship, NO, it was not my decision, and NO, I am not replacing anyone!"

I took a deep breath and sighed deeply before putting my mask back on, it took a while, but Jason was the first to speak.

Jason: "the fuck happened?!, last I checked you were the nerdy wallflower who couldn't muster the courage to ask out a pretty girl, much less fight crime!"