chapter 5

P.o.v: none

(Y/n) could be seen in an alleyway, looking from left to right to make sure no one was watching, after the coast was clear he turned to face the wall of a tall building, if his theory was correct he'd be able to make it up the wall.

(Y/n) took a deep breath as he placed his hands upon the wall and tried to pull himself up, and to his surprise it worked!, so then he started climbing a little higher bit by bit.

(Y/n) looked down to see how high he was and grinned, he was now about 10 ft up the wall, amazed by his progress he climbed higher and higher until he reached the top of the 20 story building, he looked around and looked towards the other building, and the 12 foot gap between.

P.o.v: (Y/n)

That looks doable...

I smirked as I backed up to get a good running start, then I went for it, I sprinted across the building faster then I expected and jumped... only to completely overshoot and land on the wall of a third building and fall 20 stories into a dumpster below.

(Y/n): "Ow..."

I groaned softly as I painfully crawled out of the dumpster and onto the ground, covered in trash.

I took a look at my surroundings and sighed in relief because no one had seen me, that would have been embarrassing...

I slowly got up and cleaned the trash off me before exiting the alley, first test of my newfound Powers was a complete success, sure I landed in a dumpster, but that's because I underestimated my strength, next time I'll find a fitting place to do long jumps and vertical leaps.
Maybe I'll even be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?

I chuckled softly at the thought and started walking towards the café me and Harry like to hang out at...

Then it occurred to me... I smell like a dumpster fire!

I sighed deeply and kept walking, soon arriving at my destination, I walked in and saw my best friend in our usual spot, we waved and I sat down with him.

(Y/n): "hey Harry, sorry I'm late..."

Harry: "yeah I was worried, you're like-... never late, and you smell like a dumpster fire, what happened?"

Thankfully I had come up with a convenient and plausible lie to explain this minor inconvenience that would totally be a one time thing, I mean it's not like I'm going to run late all the time... right?...

(Y/n): "ran into Flash today... I didn't have lunch money so he threw me in a dumpster..."

Harry nodded and sighed softly

Harry: "Yup, that would explain it..."

Thank goodness that worked...

Me and Harry talked for a while, talked about inventions that would definitely win us a Nobel Prize or something, y'know, normal stuff.

~a few hours later~

After a while I checked my watch, it was 06:23 PM.

(Y/n): "woah, it's later than I thought, I should probably head home..."

Harry nodded softly and stood up

Harry: "me too, my dad's gonna kill me if I'm not back before 7..."

I stood up and packed my stuff

(Y/n): "same time next week?"

Harry nodded and grabbed his bag

Harry: "sure thing buddy, see ya next week"

After that we did a quick Bro hug and went our separate ways.

I walked down the street towards home, thinking about what kind of hero I would be, dark and gritty like batman?, or joyful and fearless like Dad?

I sighed softly as I kept walking.
on my walk I noticed the docks, they looked empty, the perfect place to train.

I went towards the docks and looked around, noticing the door to one of the warehouses was open.
I looked in to see that a drug deal going down.

Acting quickly I put my hood up and climbed the wall, I crouched down on one of the shelves and looked down at them, it looked like more than a drug deal, there were Weapons, drugs, and other illegal items, it almost reminded me of Gotham...

I looked beside me to see a red hood, I put it on to cover my face better, looking back down I saw things were about to wrap up so I jumped down and landed on one of the Criminals.

Criminal #1: "look out! Red Hood followed us from Gotham!"

I blinked in confusion before I realized what he meant and decided to roll with it as I jumped up and punched the first guy in the ribs, sending him flying out of the wear house.

Criminal #2: "and he's using venom again!"

I looked at the guy I punched and was surprised, I barely hit him!, if I had given it my full strength I would have killed him!

Suddenly my skull started to tingle softly, like it was a warning...

(Y/n): "I sense a faint smell of danger..."

I looked behind me to see one of the criminals holding a gun in my face.

(Y/n): "oh shit!, that's a gun!"

I quickly leaped out of the way before the criminal fired at me, and using my newfound 'danger sense' I was able to dodge every shot.

Once he ran out of ammo I sprung off the wall and kicked him in the gut which sent him into a box.
I looked behind me to see the last two running for their lives, I picked up what looked to be a baseball and threw it, knocking out the first guy and causing the other to trip.

I walked over and lifted up the remaining conscious criminal, it looked like he was gonna piss himself.

(Y/n): "this may sound a bit cliché and a tad overused but-..."

I glared at him and used my best batman voice.

(Y/n): "where are the drugs going?..."

The criminal struggled against my grip.

Criminal: "th-their being sent out to Gotham!, W-we just manufactur them here!!!"

(Y/n): "thanks, I'll keep that in mind"

I smirked as I knocked him out and dragged him & his buddies to the wearhouse entrance, wrapping a piece of rebar around them to keep them in place until the cops arive.

I took a look at the stuff they had, there was some pretty interesting tech, maybe some stuff I could use?

I grabbed a couple things and loaded them into my bag before using a goon's phone to notify the cops before heading home.

I definitely missed cerfew...

(A/n: and that's chapter 5, hope you enjoyed the action)