The woman has been searching for her dog and Nik smirked while looking at me. I frowned, looking at him suspiciously "Niklaus, no." I grumbled, already having an idea of what he wanted to do.

"But, I have to, love. Consider this a part of your punishment for keeping things from me" his smirk showed me just how much he was enjoying this. I looked at him incredulously "I wouldn't be hiding stuff from you if you hadn't done the same" I grumbled, but pouted without even realizing it, my eyes looking anywhere but at him. He made me feel like a scolded child and I felt bad for hiding stuff from him, but he needed to learn his lesson.

The Third-Person POV

Nik's eyes focused on Luna's plump lips that were almost begging to be kissed and he wanted nothing more than to kiss her at that very moment. The woman's voice led his thoughts in a different direction. 

"Rudy. Come on! It's too hot to make me come looking for you." 

Without saying anything, Nik smirked while snaking his arm around Luna's slim waist and pulling her to his chest. Luna's eyes were back on Nik's not even a second later. Her wide eyes were filled with confusion and something else that Nik couldn't make sense of. Her heart was beating a million miles per hour. For a moment he got lost in her eyes, each time the hypnotic swirl of green, gold, and brown made it harder and harder to look away. 

Before he forgot what they came there for, he focused back on the woman that was searching for her dog. He sped right in front of her, not letting go of Luna for even a moment. Having her in his arms just felt right, like two pieces that fit together perfectly. Luna looked at him annoyed when she realized what he did.

It seemed that Nik couldn't look at Luna without a smirk on his face. He would use any excuse just to have her near him, not that he would ever admit that to anyone. He wasn't even aware of it himself, all he knew was that her presence brought him serenity. Why that was the case was something that for the life of him Nik couldn't figure out. He had some assumptions, but without proof, that's all they will be...assumptions.

When the woman picked up the toy from the ground she was shocked to see two people standing in front of her. Nik looked at her feigning remorse "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" his fake American accent made Luna cringe internally.

The woman looked at them and asked "Can I help you?" but it was obvious that she wanted them to leave.

Nik looked down, pretending to feel bad "Yeah, our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back. Eh, I feel like we've been walking forever, yours is the first house we came to so we were just hoping we could use your phone."

The woman looked at Luna and asked "Don't you have a phone?"

Luna shook her head, not even having to pretend that she was annoyed, and looked at Nik "Yes, well, I lost my phone and this idiot forgot to charge his. Can you believe that?" Luna grunted shaking her head at Nik. The woman chuckled after hearing Luna's words, whereas Nik wasn't too happy and squeezed Luna's waist. Luna did her best to ignore the goosebumps that rose all over her body at that very moment. 

"Sure" the woman said still smiling at Luna

Nik jumped in "Soo, we can come in?"