5. YOU'RE NOT OKAY.

Tommy's aesthetic.

🦋MIA🦋

When I said Lucas is annoying, I spoke nothing but the truth and didn't lie at all. Imagine helping someone out of a good heart only for him to be disrespectful and kick you out of his house. I'm still mad at him and just fuming about what he said to me moments ago. "Why're you looking at me like that?" He asks defensively as I lean against the door, frustration and anger cursing through my veins. "You're acting like I'm not capable of showing gratitude." He's trying to deflect any responsibility for his behaviour, attempting to shift the focus away from his lack of gratitude. It stings to see his indifference especially after my efforts to assist him.

"You were rude to me a few seconds ago for no reason. One minute you are nice, the next you are rude. I don't get it."

Lucas picks his tshirt that's on the couch putting it on. "I got woken up because of you. You interrupted my sleep. I love my sleep."

I can't argue with that, I love my sleep too and don't like being woken up. I get super cranky when that happens. "I didn't see you or your friends in campus today and knew that you might be concerned about the whereabouts of your wallet. So I took it upon myself to return it to you personally."

"Yes I was worried and wondering where I might have misplaced it." He places the wallet on the table, his glance flicking over me. "Are you going to remain standing by the door? Come and have a sit." He goes to the living room and I follow closely behind, my footsteps muffled by a plush carpet. I take a seat opposite him as he settles onto the couch, his legs apart as he leans back, his eyes on me. "What would you like? Water, juice, tea, coffee. Whatever you want, let me know."

This man's behaviour is perplexing, now he's nice to me but in the next minutes I'm sure we'll be butting heads again. "A glass of water is fine," He goes to the kitchen coming back with a glass of water for me. "Thank you."

Lucas sits opposite me again as I raise the glass of cool, refreshing water to my parched lips, a familiar melody resonating through the air. The sound of my phone ringing interrupts the tranquil atmosphere, shattering the momentary peace I've found. I reach into my handbag retrieving the device I had purposefully kept switched off throughout the day and only switched it back on a few minutes ago. I glance at the screen recognizing the caller's name, it's my agent. Balancing the rigorous demands of modelling and studies has proven to be challenging for me. It's a path of constant juggling and a delicate dance between two worlds, each vying for my attention and dedication. I ignore the call, not receiving it because I don't have the strength for a long photoshoot today. Placing the phone back on the table, it rings again, piercing the silence once more as my agent calls a second time, demanding my attention. A heavy sigh escapes my lips carrying the weight of my emotions.

I don't receive the call yet again. Sipping on the refreshing cold water and glancing up I find Lucas's gaze on me. "Maybe it's an emergency," he points at the phone that's still ringing.