Curfew

I looked around slowly, squinting, trying to see something- anything- in the dark hall. It was impossible.
Then, I felt something burning on me.
"Ow..." I whispered to myself, taking out the small vial of orange liquid I found. "This shit is hot..."
Then I looked around.
The hall was illuminated in a soft orange glow, not too bright, but also just bright enough to see where I was going without disturbing anyone. I kept the bottle held out in front of me, clutched in my hand, as I made my way along the hall. My footsteps were barely audible, but in the quietness of the morning you could hear the soft little pitter patter of my footsteps rushing down the hall.
Why am I doing this...? I thought to myself. I should just turn back.
I started to turn around, until I heard a second set of footsteps. It wasn't an echo. The clicking sound of shoes rang through the hall. I saw a hint of a bright flashlight in the distance. I quickly shoved my light source back into my pocket and dove behind a nearby corner. I pressed myself up against the wall, holding my breath. I could almost pass for a statue.
I saw the flashlights beam inch nearer from the corner of my eye, the rhythmic sound of slow footsteps. I'd recognized those footsteps. I'd heard them before. The memories came flooding back to me, the memories of my first time being revived after a test.
Yuu carried me along this hall.
AK stopped us.
AK...

"Hello?" AK's voice rang out in the hall. I stiffened up, flattening myself against the wall more.
"Is someone out here?" He walked ahead of me, not turning around. He swept the flashlight around the hall. I clapped my hand over my mouth to avoid making a sound.
"If you're out past time then you're gonna be in big trouble!"
I squeezed my eyes shut, praying he didn't turn around.
Seconds seemed like hours.
"Hm..." AK grunted, turning my corner and walking past me.
He didn't notice me at all.
I waited until he was out of sight and out of earshot, then breathed a sigh of relief. I took out the orange bottle again and rushed ahead to the cafeteria. There was something I had to check before I went back to my cell.