Return

The next day we woke up to Tom, Tex and Matt stuffing themselves in the cafeteria. They were scarfing down food like they had been starved for months. Well, Tom and Tex were. Matt was just holding a bunch of food. The color was draining from it quickly. Once I saw them, I ran straight for them. I hugged Matt tightly.
"Ah- What's happening!!!" Matt dropped a greyed piece of toast in surprise.
"You three are okay!" I got off of Matt and squeezed Tom and Tex.
"Hey hey hey, get your mitts off of us...!" Tex leaned away from me. Tom hugged me back. Tord trotted up behind me and put a hand on my back. "Edd, venn, take it easy."
I leaned back up, putting my hand on my head a little.
"Right..."
Tom tilted his head, concerned. "What's wrong? Is he okay?" He looked at Tord.
"It's fine Tom, I'm okay now." I put my hands behind my back.
"Okay, no, that's a red flag." Tom grabbed my face, staring right into my face. "What happened while we were gone."
"It... It's hard to explain..." I looked down. Tom let go of my face. I felt Tord's hand tense up on my back. I turned around to look at him, tilting my head a little. "You okay Tord?"
Tord growled, gesturing at the other side of the cafeteria. I looked to where he pointed. Todd was sitting at a table, staring at the ceiling.
"Oh..." I slowly sat next to Tom and Tex. They looked at him too. Tom growled, snapping a fork in half.
"It's... no big deal guys it's fine..." I looked down at the table. I didn't want to think about him right now. Tex put an arm over my shoulder.
"So rainbow man finally did something to ya huh." Tom smacked Tex's face.
"Shut the hell up Tex."
Tord started to go over to Todd, clenching his fists. I reached out and grabbed his wrist, pulling him down into the seat next to me.
"Tord stop... Just ignore it." I put my arm over his shoulder, pulling him in for a half hug. He growled, still death staring Todd.
"I thought you said he was telling the truth." Tom looked at me.
"I thought he was..." I murmured. Matt picked up his toast.
"You okay Edd?" He leaned around Tom and Tex, his sticky note face swishing around.
"Yeah yeah..." I put my head on the table. Tord moved around me and whispered something to them.
"HE WHAT?!" Tom and Tex stood up, both of them furious. I peeked up from my arms. I noticed Todd get up and quickly rush out of the cafeteria, glancing at us before racing out the door.
"I SWEAR TO GOD I'M GONNA KICK HIS ASS!" Tom slammed his hand on the table.
"Tom calm down it's not a big deal... It's already done. Just ignore him..."
"Hell no!!!" They walked around the table, making a beeline for the door. Tord pulled me and Matt out of our seats, racing after them.
"Tom, Tex, both of you chill out!" I made a grab for their hand, but they smacked me away and slammed the door open. Tord paused for a second, trying to not get hit by the door.
"Should we go after them...?" Matt turned towards us. I nodded.
"Yeah... We should stop them before they get themselves in trouble." Tord nodded back at me and opened the door, following after them.