Finger

A few days passed. Tord, Tom and Matt ignored me the whole time. I didn't see Todd at all.
I started hanging out with Tem, Scribz and Torm. It was sort of comforting, having other people around. Eduardo also talked to me sometimes when the other two of his gang weren't around.
I got pulled away a couple more times for testing. The whole right side of my body ached, but it was sort of easy to ignore.

"SOUP IS NOT A DRINK!"
Eduardo slammed his fists on the table, sending little splatters of goop flying. Torm scoffed, rolling his eyes.
"You're just sayin' that because you're blind to the truth!"
I sipped at a can of cola, watching the two argue. It was such a dumb argument, but it was entertaining as hell.
The argument had been going on for hours. I zoned out a few times, obsessively looking around the room for any sight of my old friends.
"Edd, will you PLEASE tell this heathen that soup isn't a drink?!" Eduardo called me back to reality.
"Huh- oh- uh... sure, I guess," I shook back to the present.
"No, soup IS a drink! I just explained all of it to you! Edd, tell me you agree," Torm said angrily.
"Uh- yeah yeah..."
Eduardo groaned. "Were you even listening???"
I looked down sheepishly.
"Sorry,"
Eduardo started to say something again, an insult probably, but Torm clapped his hand over Eduardo's mouth.
"Hey, you doin' okay Edd?" he asked, concerned.
"Yeah, I'm doing fine," I said absentmindedly. I glanced around the room for the hundredth time.
"You're looking for the others again?" Eduardo asked. It was more of a statement. I nodded.
"Hey, don't worry Edd, they won't stay mad at you forever." Torm scratched at the table. I'd known him long enough to tell that that meant he was lying. All three of us knew perfectly well that Tord and the others would be pissed at me until I stopped...
"Hey, uh, have you two seen-"
"No Edd, for the thousandth time, we haven't seen Todd anywhere." Eduardo slumped down on the table with a squish sound. "That's the billionth time you've asked that today."
I stayed silent, ignoring his frustration.
"Trust me Edd, he's fine. The boss wouldn't permanently kill a staff member if his life depended on it," Torm drummed his fingers on the table. "He knows he needs us."
I slouched onto the table, resting my chin on the edge of it. I sighed a little.
Eduardo looked behind me, his face went pale.
"Well, speak of the devil..."
He got up and stalked off, glaring at whoever was behind me. I looked behind me, quickly scrambling up out of my seat.
Todd was approaching us, arms crossed. I trotted over to him, trying not to run. Torm followed me quickly. As I made my way over to him, I saw Tord and Tom glaring at me out of the corner of my eye. Tord scooted closer to Matt, looking away from me.
I slowed down, coming to a full stop in front of Todd. Torm came up next to me.
"Hey Edd," Todd waved at me, smiling weakly. I could tell he was hiding something.
"Where have you been!?" I asked, bouncing on my heels.
"I- Sorry I've just been... busy," he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. Torm eyed him up and down.
"So what'd he do?"
Todd looked away from him, not answering.
"Todd..."
"Nothing!" He looked back down at Torm. We both knew he was lying. Torm looked at his hands in his pockets. Todd shifted, licking his lips yet again. It's a surprise they weren't chapped as hell...
Torm reached out and grabbed one of his arms, forcing his hand out of his pocket. Todd cried out in shock, trying to pull away. I recoiled, taking a step back. His hand wasn't gloved, his skin still sizzling. It looked more burnt than before. And the main attraction...
He was missing a finger. He had a bandage wrapped around his hand, soaked in blood. His hand twitched every once in a while. The bandage was still wet with blood.
Torm made a disgusted face.
"Jesus Christ..." he muttered. Todd finally managed to yank his arm away.
"It's fine, it doesn't hurt or anything,"
"Yeah, of course you'd think that." Torm scowled. Todd just inched around him, his coat brushing me slightly as he passed us. I turned to follow him, like a duckling with its mom, but Torm put a hand on my shoulder.
"I'd wait 'til tomorrow..." He walked towards his own hall, dragging me along with him.

I watched Todd disappear. He had his hand held up to his chest, staring down at the bandage, fidgeting with it. I looked back in front of me, cringing.
"CT finally lost all his marbles, eh," Torm mumbled to himself. "Only a matter of time before this whole place comes crashing down."