Caught

Tord immediately cowered behind me, holding tight to my arm. I put it in front of him to guard him. CT walked over to us slowly, his hands clasped behind his back.
"Didn't your parents ever teach you to not go through other peoples things." He said it like it was a joke, but his expression didn't change. He just had a cold, blank stare. It was as if he was a completely different person.
"W-We were just..." I looked at the vent helplessly.
"I don't want to hear your excuses." CT pulled a gun out from behind his back. I backed up, stepping more in front of Tord.
"I know why you're here." He walked closer to us, his footsteps loud and metallic. "You really thought you could get away that easi... that... e-easily..." He stopped short, putting one of his hands on his chest. His expression changed, and for the first time I saw genuine fear in his face. He covered his mouth with a hand, and a second later he started coughing. Blood dripped through his fingers. He buckled over, dropping the gun, his hands clenched over his mouth and chest. Falling to his knees, he exhaled.
"Y-You lucky b-bastards..." He wheezed out. And just like that, he dropped dead.
I collapsed to the floor, clamping my hand over my mouth. Tord dropped down next to me, hugging me tightly. We sat there in silence for what felt like an eternity. A moment later, I heard footsteps running into the room. I saw Todd run around the desk to us in the corner of my eye.
"Oh my Lord are you two okay?!" He crouched down, worried. I shook my head weakly.
"I-I'm so sorry I didn't- I wasn't expecting- I thought he was..." He fumbled around for the words for a second. "I didn't know he'd come back so soon."
Tord made a noise, a sort of half squeak. I squeezed my eyes shut, tears streaming down my face. I felt Todd pull us into a hug. Tord didn't object, we all just sat there in silence.
"I-It's okay... I can fix this... Just- Just... I'll deal with it," he reassured us. I nodded weakly. He squeezed us tighter.
"I'm so sorry..."