Favor

"Why are you asking for my help?"
I looked up at Tem in surprise.
"Well, we heard from a... source, that you got to see a certain part of the lab."
"You went into the boss's office, yeah?" Torm cut to the chase. I hesitated, then nodded.
"Yeah. I did," I started.
"Do you know how to get back?" Tem looked at me curiously.
"Uh... Well- Yes... But I can't get back without... uh..." I looked over at Todd. The other three followed my gaze.
"Ohhh..." Tem looked back at me. "Of course..."
"Cantcha just ask him about it?" Scribz bounced in his seat. I noticed he was sitting in a high chair.
"Well..."
"Might as well give it a shot. I'm sure he'd agree once he figures out why we need it."
"Well, why do you need it?" I looked at Torm. He studied me for a moment, then looked away again.
"That's for us to know and you to find out."
I sighed.
"I wouldn't be able to do it alone." I thought out loud. "We don't have the best chemistry..."
Tem and Scribz chuckled a little at the pun. Torm just rolled his eyes.
"We could go with you," Tem offered. I looked back up at him.
"You would?" I could feel my hopes rising a little. Tem nodded, smiling.
"Of course!"
"Can we just get on with it... We don't have much time." Torm got up from his seat, taking Scribz by the hand. Tem helped me out of mine.
Let's just get this over with... I thought.