Private Angel Log Entry Seventeen

"Frank - we found him!" Ray's voice shouted in my head, and I halted so abruptly that Billie almost smacked into my back.

"Ray knows where Gerard is!" I answered the questioning look Billie was giving me before he could actually ask why I had stopped.

"Where is he?" Billie quickly as his eyes scanned the ground, and I did the same thing.

"I'll ask - last I saw him, he was trying to join up with Bob's demons." I headed in that direction as I mentally called out to Ray, asking for some sort of location.

I had begun to despair before this; the entire battlefield was a conglomeration of bodies that were constantly moving and changing, and picking out one demon amongst the masses was almost impossible, but thank god Ray had done what I could not.

"I'm not sure where I am exactly...toward the center of the two armies I think. Hurry Frank - he's heavily guarded, and we need your help." Ray tried to project me an image of where he was, but it was blurry and flickering, which happened when we couldn't concentrate long enough to form a proper picture.

I pushed my wings faster than I had ever flown in my entire life, narrowly dodging arrows as I went. I quickly left Billie Joe far behind me, but I couldn't force myself to slow down now, not when I was so close to Gerard.

Finally, I reached where I thought Ray was, and for once, I was actually right. His curly mop of hair was easy to pick out, even though it was matted with blood and dirt.

He was locked in combat with a couple of demons who were grouped around the cart Gerard had been tied to earlier, but I saw no sign of my love.

Gazing around rapidly, I caught a glimpse of red hair that I would recognize anywhere, and I headed in that direction, cutting down a few demons that Ray had missed. A part of me wanted to stay and help my friend, but I noticed Bob approaching with backup, and I knew they would reach Ray soon, so I took off after Gerard instead.

Gerard was being dragged away by a burly demon who was roughly tugging him to his feet by his chained hands every time he stumbled. Lucky for me, he had yet to notice my arrival, and I took advantage of that by cutting his head off before he even had a chance to scream.

Landing on the packed sand with a soft thump, I immediately spun around, ready to attack anyone else that dared to try and come between Gerard and I, but for once, we were mostly alone. Everyone seemed focused on Bob and his demons at the moment, leaving me free to tend to Gerard.

Now that the demon was no longer holding him up, Gerard had collapsed face first on the ground, curling himself into a tight ball as if that would help him remain undetected.

"Baby?" I approached him warily, not wanting to startle him in case he hadn't recognized me.

"Frank?" Gerard croaked out, lifting his head wearily to meet my eyes.

I had to stifle a gasp when I took in his appearance. His face was drawn and pale, and he had lost a significant amount of weight over the week we had been separated. His body was barely covered by a pair of tattered trousers, allowing me to see all of the angry red lacerations and bruises that decorated his skin.

"Yeah - it's me. I've got you." I dropped to my knees and gathered him in my arms, being careful not to touch any of his wounds.

"I thought I would never see you again..." he mumbled quietly as he slowly ran a hand over my filthy face.

"I know - I'm so sorry I took so long, but I will always find you," I whispered against the top of his head, trying to hold back my tears.

"You shouldn't have come...fuck Frank - why didn't you just let me go?" Gerard shuddered slightly in my hold, and I clutched him even tighter to me.