Chapter Two~ Without You

P E Y T O N

Jason looked at me for a moment, something swirling in his eyes, he looked like he was thinking. I'm scared to be alone but being alone doesn't bother me. I know it doesn't make much sense. What do I do now?

"Peyton your not alone. You have me and your brothers." He said looking at me, I tried to avoid his eyes. That didn't last long cause Jason tilted my head up so I was looking at him. His eyes traveled to my lips for a second.

"Are you going to kiss me?" I asked suddenly out of breath. Jason searched my eyes for something, it registered that he'd found whatever he was looking for. Jason leaned closer so our lips were an inch apart. I could feel the slight stubble on his chin. He never did answer my question; not with words anyway. Our lips met and everything faded away and it was just us.

He pulled away first and I sighed leaning into his body for support. I cuddled into his lap and didn't say anything else.

"You okay?" He asked rubbing my side. I only nod and curl up. Contentment flooded my body so I stayed exactly where I was. This was nice, things felt comfortable. Nothing felt like it was wrong per say, it just felt right.

"Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me Peyton."

"But it felt right to thank you for everything you've done for me so far." I smile looking up at him.

"You need to talk to your brothers, it will help if you talk to them." I nod still content. With a sigh I sit up on my own, maybe it would help.

"Okay. I can't do it alone though."

"Don't worry I'll be there for you I promise."

Dad died when we were really young and mom is in the army so she's not here much. It was just me and my brothers and that was fine.

I fell asleep a little bit later, a nightmare haunted my dreams all night. I woke up screaming a few times, Jason was there every time. Kids were cruel I've been traumatized and even ended up in the hospital a few times because of it. Not so much anymore, my brothers can be scary when it comes to me.

After a mostly restless sleep I woke up to knocks on my door.

"Just a second!" I call pulling the blankets away from me. Jason was still fast asleep.

"Hey Jason, wake up." I whisper shaking him lightly. 

"Five more minutes..." he groans. He rolled away, off the bed. 

"Ouch."

"Peyton are you ok in there?" Jax the oldest brother asked through my door.

"Yeah I'm fine."

"I'll be out in a minute, meet me in the living room." I heard footsteps walking away and downstairs.

"Come on Jason get up off the floor." He groaned before sitting up. I contemplated my outfit for a good thirty minutes before snatching Jason's hoodie off the floor and a pair of leggings.

"I'm wearing this you can have it back at a later date." I said leaving no room for argument.

"That's fine I'm sure you'll look hot in my clothes." He smirked as I turned bright red. Fuck I hated that, he always did know how to make me blush.

"I'm going to go change stay here." After a wardrobe change I walked back out to find Jason looking at me with a shimmer in his gorgeous blue eyes.

"Well hot damn I was right, come here." He motioned me over; pulling me down into his lap so I was straddling him. My arms wrapped around his neck instinctively, his hands rested on my hips. I wanted him to kiss me so badly. My wish was granted shortly after when he closed the gap between us.